#1 sewestfall

sewestfall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 27 November 2018 - 05:39 PM

I use the Safari browser, version 12.0.1 (i.e., the latest release) to access the Accordance Forums. On the main page of the Accordance Forums the Notifications icon at the top right has a red number “1” hovering at its top left corner, which I assume means there is a notification waiting for me to read.  But when I click on the “1”, a little window opens with a revolving arrow in it that just keeps revolving forever without opening anything else.  Safari’s preferences are set to allow pop-ups from accordancebible.com.  Is there something else that I need to do to gain access to notifications?

Steve Westfall

#2 MattChristian

MattChristian

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Assyriology, Dead Sea Scrolls, Semitic Linguistics, Language Contact, Hebrew, Greek, Syriac, Akkadian,. Ugaritic, Sumerian, Hittite,Jesus, Coffee

Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:36 PM

I use the Safari browser, version 12.0.1 (i.e., the latest release) to access the Accordance Forums. On the main page of the Accordance Forums the Notifications icon at the top right has a red number “1” hovering at its top left corner, which I assume means there is a notification waiting for me to read.  But when I click on the “1”, a little window opens with a revolving arrow in it that just keeps revolving forever without opening anything else.  Safari’s preferences are set to allow pop-ups from accordancebible.com.  Is there something else that I need to do to gain access to notifications?

Steve Westfall

I have the same issue- Usually if I click into another part of the forum (like a thread) and hover and click again the notification is readable. I cannot do this upon first entering the forum, I have to "travel" a bit first before doing so.

Cheers,

Matt C

#3 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:21 AM

This has been happening to me, too, for a couple of months (Safari on Mac).

Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Editor, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

#4 A. Smith

A. Smith

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:26 AM

This has also happened to me. A workaround I've found is to either 1) right click and open in a new window or 2) enter into a specific forum and then check the notifications. For me, the problem is strangely isolated to the homepage. 

Funny. After replying, I tried and it's working perfectly. Maybe someone's fixed something and resolved the issue?

Anthony Smith
First Church of Christ

Atlantic, IA

For potential diagnostic purposes:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

2.6 i7, 16GB ram

iPad Pro, 10.5", 256GB

iPhone 7, 256GB

#5 sewestfall

sewestfall

• Members
  • Pip