save as RTF

danzac

I have 8.0.4 installed. I did a search for greek words and then used the analysis tab in the details window. I then saved the window as RTF (as I have my Greek set to Unicode).

The resulting file is unreadable by TextEdit or Mellel. I managed to open it with DEVONthink and it is just a bunch of code. The same problem was there in 8.0.3, .4 didn't fix the issue.

Thanks

I have 8.0.4 installed. I did a search for greek words and then used the analysis tab in the details window. I then saved the window as RTF (as I have my Greek set to Unicode).

The resulting file is unreadable by TextEdit or Mellel. I managed to open it with DEVONthink and it is just a bunch of code. The same problem was there in 8.0.3, .4 didn't fix the issue.

My RTF export from 8.0.4 of the Analysis with Unicode Greek opens fine in TextEdit and Mellel for me. Are you running lots of third-party prefpanes or filesystem-level hacks? Does the same thing happen on another user account (i.e., you could create a temporary account to try this)?

My RTF export from 8.0.4 of the Analysis with Unicode Greek opens fine in TextEdit and Mellel for me. Are you running lots of third-party prefpanes or filesystem-level hacks? Does the same thing happen on another user account (i.e., you could create a temporary account to try this)?

I've tried turning off all my new prefpane items one at a time, still the error persists. I don't know what a filesystem-level hack is, could you give me a popular example?

I'll try creating a new account and let you know what happens. In the meantime, this is what some of the rtf text looks like:

{\rtf0\mac

{\fonttbl

{\f3026 \fnil Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold;}

{\f3027 \fnil Abadi MT Condensed Light;}

{\f15071 \fnil Academy Engraved LET;}

{\f3044 \fnil American Typewriter;}

{\f3045 \fnil American Typewriter Condensed;} AND ON AND ON......

Archived