2018 iPad Pro - Did any of you buy one?

Julia Falling

This is off topic, sort of, but did any of you buy one? If so, which one? Do you like it? Notice any differences in running Accordance?

Thanks

I bought the iPad Pro 11" 256GB. It is an amazing machine. Accordance is fast, but then it was fast on my iPad Air 2. I look forward to the creative minds at Accordance coming up with an feature to take advantage of the double tap on the new pencil.

• Like 1

I have the new 12.9 one, and it's excellent. Much faster, more user friendly, and better all around. The only problem is that I'm waiting for the Accordance iOS app to catch up. 

• Like 1

Tony - For what do you use the pencil? My husband got one for his 2016 iPad Pro. I tried it for a while to take sermon notes in church, but it not only distracted me, but I was afraid I was distracting others. I also found it difficult to control because of the lack of friction.

Benjamin - Did you get the pencil? If so, how are you using it?

I did get the pencil, and it's fantastic. I use it for highlighting and taking notes on PDF's; that sort of thing. I think it's indispensable. 

Tony - For what do you use the pencil? My husband got one for his 2016 iPad Pro. I tried it for a while to take sermon notes in church, but it not only distracted me, but I was afraid I was distracting others. I also found it difficult to control because of the lack of friction.

• Like 1

Julie,

I may be in a little different position since I'm the preacher. So my notes have already been taken... :) My usage of the pencil has been limited to writing on Keynote (especially maps) slides in class. My handwriting is so poor I don't see me using it for taking notes.

I could envision using in Accordance to Highlight with a double tap, but others may have an even better suggestion. So I am waiting to see. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to be able to use the pencil to make marginal notes and highlights on my favorite text in Accordance. I have the new 12.9 iPad and I love it.. this was an upgrade from the 10.5 iPad Pro.

I have been using the 12.9 ipad pro with pencil and find it quite helpful for annotations, highlights etc... but to do so with Accordance I have to first take a screenshot and then I am able to highlight, annotate etc... on the screenshot - but not on the Accordance screen itself

Not directly for Accordance, but I use the pencil on my new 12.9" gen3 iPad Pro to annotate / take notes on my sheet music / chord sheets for worship on Sundays.  I've finally ditched the big 3-ring binder and music stand for a little iPad holder and my iPad.  It's amazing.