Display List of Non-Biblical Highlighted Text

MatthewJames

I have all of Spurgeon's Sermons through Accordance. As I read through them I want to highlight different sentences with different highlight styles to basically tag different things like quotes, illustrations, certain doctrines he touches on, etc.. So far I know how to do all that, BUT... Then I want to be able to search for that particular highlight style and have it display a list of all the text that has been highlighted in that manner. 

Right now when I use the [sTYLE] command to search for my highlights it only lets me scroll through all his sermons moving from one HIT to the next hit, but it isn't actually making and displaying a list of the highlighted text for easy viewing. 

Is Accordance able to do this? I searched around the help files but could not find anything to this effect. 

Just to reiterate, for what I want to do, it is imperative that the solution can create and display a collected list of all the text that is marked by that particular highlight style. I do NOT want to have to click through all the hits in his entire collected works to view those particular highlights. 

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Matt

• Like 2

Please try changing the settings used to view the tool. In the gear menu on the far right select Paragraphs in the Show Test As submenu to see just the hit paragraphs, or Add Titles to see the sermon title before each paragraph.

Thank you Helen, that is exactly the type of thing I was looking for, however I was hoping that I could limit what was displayed right down to just the highlighted text itself, or perhaps the sentence the highlight was found in, as that would greatly reduce the extra clutter I would have to scroll through in order to read each highlight. Is that greater specificity possible in the current version of Accordance? If not, do you know if that's on the radar for a future update or if it's a possibility for the future? Thanks again.

Matt

• Like 1

Not unless there's a lot of demand for such a feature. Tools always display full paragraphs.

+1 for the ability to collect highlights together where they could be copied/exported.