Is there any other english dictionary in Accordance?

Mutien Chen

I am wondering is there any English dictionary besides Webster's 1913 Unabridged English Dictionary in Accordance? It's very helpful for non-native English speakers to use instant detail by hovering a word to check the translation in Accordance. I used other apps to do to check some English words, but most of them are not so efficient and need some more steps to do or waiting for a few second to see the searching result. 

I'm not aware of any other English dictionaries than the Webster's 1913 in Accordance.  However, there are plenty of Bible dictionaries, which have thousands of entries for English words (many, of course, derived from original languages).  You can search Accordance' store here.

Thanks TYA and ukfraser. Actually, I have many bible dictionaries and I would like to have more choices of basic English dictionaries. If there is a Chinese-English dictionary would be even better especially for people whose first language is Chinese or serving in the area speaking Chinese. Because most of the books in Accordance are in English, to have more modern English dictionaries will be really helpful for people who are not fluent in English. 

• Like 2

Thanks TYA and ukfraser. Actually, I have many bible dictionaries and I would like to have more choices of basic English dictionaries. If there is a Chinese-English dictionary would be even better especially for people whose first language is Chinese or serving in the area speaking Chinese. Because most of the books in Accordance are in English, to have more modern English dictionaries will be really helpful for people who are not fluent in English.

I‘ve requested Englisch to foreign language lexicons for years, but Accordance is blind on that eye.

Logos has it BW had it, but not Accordance.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

I‘ve requested Englisch to foreign language lexicons for years, but Accordance is blind on that eye.

Logos has it BW had it, but not Accordance.

Greetings

Fabian

In my understanding, having foreign language lexicons will be an easier move to create market for different users all over the world.

I believe this small move will make big different. 

I like Accordance a lot, but many friends of mine found difficulties to read and study in English. Currently Accordance has developed the interface for Simplified-Chinese which has been a very good news for people who are using Simplified-Chinese. Although there are only three different Chinese bibles in Accordance, I am so thankful to work on my bible study using Chinese Bible comparing with the original text and english bible. And even with one which has already have strong number tagged though it is not very precisely. 

I appreciate every improvements for Chinese-users, every small improvements makes big change! and I guess it's also for other users.

Edited by Mutien Chen

In my understanding, having foreign language lexicons will be an easier move to create market for different users all over the world.

I believe this small move will make big different. 

I like Accordance a lot, but many friends of mine found difficulties to read and study in English. Currently Accordance has developed the interface for Simplified-Chinese which has been a very good news for people who are using Simplified-Chinese. Although there are only three different Chinese bibles in Accordance, I am so thankful to work on my bible study using Chinese Bible comparing with the original text and english bible. And even with one which has already have strong number tagged though it is not very precisely. 

I am seeing a trend for more foreign languages in Accordance but I think the difficulty is really the lack of translators. I may be wrong but as far as from a development standpoint is concerned, this may require a form of contract work which typically costs more which makes the cost for such modules higher than the projected price point. Accordance can correct me if I am wrong and I wouldn't mind some insight in this anyways. Just using my business mindset from my day job

I am seeing a trend for more foreign languages in Accordance but I think the difficulty is really the lack of translators. I may be wrong but as far as from a development standpoint is concerned, this may require a form of contract work which typically costs more which makes the cost for such modules higher than the projected price point. Accordance can correct me if I am wrong and I wouldn't mind some insight in this anyways. Just using my business mindset from my day job

Currently Logos invests a lot of money and put a lot of effort to create the market for Chinese users. Even now they have Chinese Collections for sale. I don't think Accordance is that big and need to do the same. By having some foreign lexicons modules is an easier way and maybe improving features of the web browser would be also a good choice.

Edited by Mutien Chen
  • Like 1