WBC Sale

Gabriel

I would love to see the set of WBC comments on sale again. This year there was no reduction to this full 61 vol. set (unless I'm wrong), but only to the NT part. A new discount like the one on November 14, 2017 would be great.

Wish you luck, but often times sales like that are almost completely up to the publisher. So a really amazing sales is almost always in Zondervan’s court.

-Dan

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see the set of WBC comments on sale again.

Hold that thought.

• Like 5

My interest is piqued ...

My interest is piqued ...

Just get your credit card on standby.

;o)

There is a large Zondervan Christmas sale at other sites I am guessing this will come to Accordance very soon.

-dan

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like bundles only, no individual volumes. Even at 52% off it's just too much. I was hoping to buy only Daniel and Hosea. Oh well, there will be another sale sometime in 2019 that includes volumes.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year everyone!

Looks like bundles only, no individual volumes. Even at 52% off it's just too much. I was hoping to buy only Daniel and Hosea. Oh well, there will be another sale sometime in 2019 that includes volumes.

!

Patience is a virtue! Happy new year john and hopefully you will be able to get these excellent volumes sooner rather than later. Its So dependent on what the publisher allows.

• Like 1

So dependent on what the publisher allows.

Definitely

• 5 weeks later...

The date you made the offer at WBC I did not manage to buy it because I had some investments to make and I did not have the necessary money. I have seen that now, Harper Collins have a 77% reduction on each volume in the series. The price is very good. I would like to know if Accordance will have this offer, because if not, I will buy it in ebook format from Harper Collins (their offer expires on January 27). However, I would rather buy it in Accordance.

https://media.harpercollinschristian.com/page/word-biblical-commentary-ebook-sale-2019

• Like 2

Harper Collins has not given us the option of offering the volumes in Accordance at this price. You must realize that the ebook format is much more limited than ours. It won't run in parallel with the text, and I very much doubt that it supports the customization, the hyperlinks, and the searches of specific fields that you get in Accordance, to name just a few.

If you go for it, we would appreciate an honest evaluation of the functionality and usability that you receive.

• Like 1

Hi Helen, slightly off topic but a few years ago i bought some prophet and gospel nivac commentaries when they were on sale in kindle.

The kindle formats were different. Some had indexes so i could jump to a chapter, others didnt. So i went through them all adding book marks for the chapters but everytime the kindle app was updated, the bookmarks were lost. Kindle then reformatted them so they all had chapter indexes. I could download a sample to see the index and kindle told me i had purchased them on a specific date but i couldnt download the updated versions. After a couple of years i did manage to get them updated from amazon help but it was a very long process.

As to actually using them, they are ok but i really dont like page turns and much prefer scrolling. There are no hyperlinks so going to text and reading commentary is a bit of a pain. Searching is ok.

When accordance had them on sale i got the nt set. When accordance had a sale on separate volumes, i got a number of the prophets i wanted but still have two i rarely use in kindle (though i would have bought the prophets sub set if that had still been available in accordance).

The Accordance advantage compared to kindle eversion. Turbo tagging, scrolling, linking, running in parallel with an enhanced or normal tagged text, nice formatting, scrolling, no page turning, it gets updated as errors are corrected much more comprehensive search options and better display of search results.

Re WBC For many years i wanted the cd of wbc but could never get it at a reasonable cost. In 2014 Accordance had it on offer and i got the 58 volume set at an unbelievable cost and have then upgraded it with the additional volumes. Its tagged, its searchable, all the text is linked, it gets updated. My major frustration is that the ot and nt are not currently combined on ios unlike the full fat version but i am confident that one day they will be. In retrospect I am so pleased i never got the cd!!!!!

From my experience, my advice is to get resources in accordance if you can. If you need something urgently and cant afford it in accordance at the moment, by all means get a kindle version, but consider it a throw away cost and save up for getting it in accordance. There are some volumes i doubt accordance will ever get, such as BETJEMAN’S BEST BRITISH CHURCHES, or GEZA VERMES Christian Beginnings From Nazareth to Nicaea (AD 30–325) where all the accordance tagging and linking isn't required and so its worth getting in kindle but for any serious work like wbc, i would strongly advise to get in accordance as soon as funds become available. The accordance turbo tagging and linking just makes them so useable.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 6

I completely agree. I’ve wanted the NT WBC for awhile and while the ebook price is great I know that the value Accordance offers is greater than any $ I’d save.

So, I’m passing and will wait to buy in Accordance.