NEW! The Biblical Illustrator (56 volumes)

R. Mansfield

What if Charles Spurgeon helped you prepare next Sunday’s sermon? Or what if you could talk over your preaching with Joseph Parker, Richard Baxter, Henry Ward Beecher, and H. P. Liddon? New for the Accordance Library: THE BIBLICAL ILLUSTRATOR (56 volumes)--45% OFF through Monday!

For more information, please see the release announcement on the Accordance Blog.

Screenshots:

Accordance 12--

BiblICAL%20Illustrator%20-%20macOS.png?d

Accordance Mobile/Android--

Biblical%20Illustrator%20-%20Android%20t

Rick,

Are you able to provide any more examples from this resource? I'm interested how much commentary is included for any given passage, for example Psalm 23?

Thanks Paul

Paul here are a few screen shots of the TOC for first few verses.  I only picked it up this morning, and I'm amazed at the sheer volume of information. Clearly with such a dated work there will be some stuff that may no longer be relevant, but with some theological giants contributing, I expect there'll be enough to appreciate. There's just too much info for me me to post more content. But if you want me to open any particular paragraph title from the TOC just let me and I'll screen shot it.

p.s.  Sorry - struggling to attach Sreeen shots - I'll post as I locate the upload.

Paul

Anyone, I'm struggling to attached screen shots.  I can't locate the usual attachment paperclip. I'm I missing the obvious?

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Paul here are a few screen shots of the TOC for first few verses.  I only picked it up this morning, and I'm amazed at the sheer volume of information. Clearly with such a dated work there will be some stuff that may no longer be relevant, but with some theological giants contributing, I expect there'll be enough to appreciate. There's just too much info for me me to post more content. But if you want me to open any particular paragraph title from the TOC just let me and I'll screen shot it.

p.s.  Sorry - struggling to attach Sreeen shots - I'll post as I locate the upload.

Paul

Anyone, I'm struggling to attached screen shots.  I can't locate the usual attachment paperclip. I'm I missing the obvious?

This is the Accordance Announcement Tread. You can't here upload images. You must open a new one.

Greetings

Fabian

Thank you Fabian! Very helpful.

Paul, because it's an announcement thread, I'm unable to upload images.  I'll start a new conversation with some more detail.

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/25168-biblical-illustrator/

Paul,

Thanks for this, very helpful, it looks like a massive collection! 

I've been thinking of getting an older conservative homiletical commentary set - such as Handful of Purpose or Pulpit Commentary, how does this compare in your opinion? It looks like it strikes a good balance between short observations and more in depth application.

Thanks Paul

• Like 1

I enjoy Handful's, but a quick comparison of Ps 23:  HoP has 3 sub-points.  BI has well over 100 detailed sub-points.

If you can appreciate that HoP is a very substantial work, yet it looks small up against BI.  You must consider that BI was originally 56 separate volumes.  Finally because BI is a compilation of many writers, it will most likely give you a good variation of homiletical ideas  and thoughts.  Its early days yet, but BI is easily offering me much more to work with.  Still, I'm glad I have both.  

I thoroughly recommend BI if you're looking for good value and quality interpretation!  

p.s another software competitor is offering both Old and New Testament packs for well over $250.  Accordance is a bargain at its present sale price.

pps.  I never picked up your point on Pulpit commentary.  It is pretty much the same answer as all the above, Pulpit has 6 sub-points on Ps23, one for each verse.

Heads up! Introductory pricing on the Biblical Illustrator ends at midnight EST tonight!

Too bad I already own the WS version of it. Very practical resource