Middle Mouse Click Variable Speed Scrolling (on Windows)

koljakeller

Hi,

I've just gotten Accordance and was trying to figure out if the following feature exists: In many programs and browser, you can click the mouse-wheel button which transforms the cursor into two arrows, something like an auto scroll function begins, and moving the mouse cursor up or down relative to the position of the original click determines the scroll speed and direction.

I tried it out in reading and regular view and looked through the help files and options menu but wasn't able to find anything that seemed to enable this.

What it makes for is a 0-click scroll experience for longer passages which still allows for stopping and thinking without auto-scroll moving forward. It also allows for fast scrolling to the beginning or end of documents and is part of my natural carpel-tunnel preventing workflow of programs I use otherwise. I wanted to ask if that is an option I am somehow missing, or if it is not currently a feature. Programmatically I would hope it wouldn't be too hard to implement by modifying the auto-scroll function (tie middle-mouse click to turning on auto-scroll, and tie the scroll speed value to the position of the cursor relative to the position of the initial click).

Thank you for any "pointers" in this regard.