2 replies to this topic

#1 arnehalbakken

arnehalbakken

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:21 PM

It would be nice to have as an Accordance module "The Oxford Illustrated History of the Holy Land" ed. Robert Hoyland and H. G. M. WIlliamson, Oxford University Press, 2018 (402 pp)

https://global.oup.c...?cc=us&lang=en

Here are the chapters.

1. The Birth of Israel - Avraham Faust

2. Iron Age: Tribes to Monarchy - Lester L. Grabbe

3. Israel and Judah, c. 931 - 587 BCE - André Lemaire

4. Babylonian Exile and Restoration, 587 - 325 BCE

5. The Hellenistic and Roman Era - John J. Collins

6. A Christian Holy Land, 284 - 638 CE - Konstantin Klein

7. The Coming of Islam - Milka Levy-Rubin

8. The Holy Land in the Crusader and Ayyubid Periods, 1099 - 1250

9. The Holy Land from the Mamluk Sultanate to the Ottoman Empire, 1260 - 1799 - Limrod Luz

10. From Napoleon to Allenby: The Holy Land and the Wider Middle East 0 Robert Fisk

11. Pilgrimage - Peter Walker with Robert G. Hoyland

12. Sacred Spaces and Holy Places - Richard S. Hess and Denys Pringle

13. Scripture and the Holy Land - Adam Silverstein

It also has a number of photographs, pictures, paintings, and maps in it.

• Daniel Francis likes this

#2 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:16 PM

+1

(Oup has lots of really great titles)

Edited by ukfraser, 05 December 2018 - 04:17 PM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#3 Unix

Unix

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Twitter:mcyklist
  • Location:EU. Inter/multidisciplinary humanities such as History of Ideas; singing; both Reformed and Catholic simultaneously
  • Interests:Accordance 12.3.0 is GREAT - I'm incredibly happy - the graphical constructs, view of multiple resources and footnotes, etc. are fantastic!! The software has been leading for three Years now, and the pricing model and availability of resources has been cutting edge since this Summer 2018. /Nov. 15. 2018 Previously purchased books also have got a lot of included free updates this Autumn. Monographs, Hebrew, Epigraphic Hebrew Inscriptions, books with a bit of occurrences of Latin words, Christian "Gnosticism", Polish National Faith (Rodnovery), (Environmental and a bit of Ethnological) History as well as that I've recently renewed interest in Architectural History, more modern Cultural History and Early Christian art /Aug. 2. 2017 edited Oct. 24. 2018 + veganism and organically/locally produced food, skincare and fragrant oil products just as treats and needed in fine culture participation/creation; particular interest in books copyrighted 1952-2010; christianforums.com; CPU preference and recommendation: Only ALL AMD CPU:s except E2; Scrivener as both Win and Mac versions early June 2015, HDDRegenerator.net on July 17. 2015. /Edited June 5. 2018 Now I've installed 12 on the desktop on Dec. 31. 2017. Addition Oct. 24. 2018: Providing support for my friendship networks and for (the relatives of) my best friends in Poland, France and Helsinki, and starting up a group for commentaries discussion (I know they are a biased resource type so I want to with my input and moderation steer the discussion to minimise the bias effect for the members.)
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:43 PM

+1 for the 2018 The Oxford Illustrated History of the Holy Land

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users