Gill's Exposition (User Tool) defaults wrong Bible version in Instant Details

TYA

I just installed John Gill's Exposition of the Bible (User Tool) from the Exchange, and despite the fact that I have my normal two Bible versions defaulted in Preferences for User Tools, the verse references in the Tool are defaulting to ASV and TLAB (for alternate).  The second version isn't even in English.  Why are these versions popping up?

Thank you.

Can you use Command/Control-T to change the versions?

Can you use Command/Control-T to change the versions?

Ctrl+T isn't doing anything when I press it--neither when I'm mousing over the verse reference, or when I'm not directly over a verse reference.  Please see attached screenshot.

post-35231-0-43504600-1544046139_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

Click on the Action Menu and select "Set Tool Display".

Screen%20Shot%202018-12-05%20at%204.53.5

Click on the Action Menu and select "Set Tool Display".

Perfect, that did it!  Thanks, Mark.

I don't know why I would have to go through that, given the default settings I already arranged in the Preferences for the versions I want in User Tools.  But no big deal, on the other hand.  Thanks so much!

Edited by TYA

I think the default settings only apply to currently installed Tools. 

No. for the User Tools the standard search Text is set. The Text options for Tools is only for Tools from Accordance. As I learned last month from Silas.

Greetings

Fabian

I think the default settings only apply to currently installed Tools. 

That hasn't been my experience, because I've installed lots of new tools (purchased ones, though Gill is the first one from the Exchange).  When I install new user tools, I've never had this unusual change in my default Bible versions in the Instant Details window.

Furthermore, after installing the Gill Tool, I went into Preferences to make sure I had the desired versions selected there for "User Tools."  Wouldn't doing this, (if I hit "OK" button) then re-establish that preference across the board for all existing tools (including the one I just installed)?

EDIT: Ok, Fabian's explanation above therefore makes sense--viz., because my experience has always been with purchased (Accordance) User Tools, and this Gill's Exposition one was the first I've ever installed that wasn't.  Thanks to Silas for that explanation.  (And thanks Mark for the directions above).

Edited by TYA