#1 WhiteWings

WhiteWings

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:25 PM

Translators add words to make translated verse readable. KJV used to do that with italics. I only see sporadic italics Accordance's KJV.

My question: Is it possible to colorize the English words that have a Strong number? Because sometimes one word is translated as two Enlish words it would be great if the colors alternate.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

PC: Homebuilt, Win 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700x, 64GB RAM 1.5 TB SSD, 25 TB HDD, 2x30" screen.
Phone: OnePlus 6T, Android 9, 8GB RAM, 128GB storage.

Notebook: Acer 10 2-in-1. Win 10 Home. Underspecced, but runs 10 hours on a charge which is great during flights.

Best of all: Accordance :-)

#2 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,211 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:38 PM

Yes, it is possible to do so. Here's how...

Select the KJV as your search text, then run the following search: [KEY *]. Click Highlights and select whatever highlight file you want. Then hold the shift key down and click on the highlight style. Accordance will highlight all the hits in the active pane. Note: this may take a while, as there are a lot of tagged words. These highlights will now show every time this Bible is displayed and these highlights are selected. However, I know of no easy way to alternate the color of the highlighting.

An easier way to see which words are tagged is to show the interlinear. Information, including key numbers, will only appear under the words that have been tagged.

Unfortunately, the KJV is not phrase-tagged, as is the NIV 2011 with enhanced GK numbers. The KJV only tags a single word, even if the original is translated into English by a phrase. Moreover, only the most important words in the KJV have been tagged. There are many words present in the original and the KJV ("the" for instance) that are not tagged. That's different than the words translators add (or subtract) to make the English translation more readable.

Edited by Timothy Jenney, 06 December 2018 - 03:42 PM.

• Fabian likes this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#3 WhiteWings

WhiteWings

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:29 AM

Thanks for the answer. I'm going to try your tips.

I learned another new thing from your reply...

Not all Bibles are tagged in the same way? Do you have a list of Accordance Bibles with that improved tagging?

PC: Homebuilt, Win 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700x, 64GB RAM 1.5 TB SSD, 25 TB HDD, 2x30" screen.
Phone: OnePlus 6T, Android 9, 8GB RAM, 128GB storage.

Notebook: Acer 10 2-in-1. Win 10 Home. Underspecced, but runs 10 hours on a charge which is great during flights.

Best of all: Accordance :-)

#4 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:15 AM

Currently i think this is the only one in accordance. Please note it is not strongs numbersbut if you already have an niv, there ARE upgrade options!

https://www.accordan.../?pid=NIV11-GKE

Edited by ukfraser, 07 December 2018 - 07:16 AM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#5 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,101 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, Android

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:42 AM

And the Mounce-NT https://www.accordan.../?pid=MOUNCE-NT

Thx

D

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua
ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν
lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Syntax Search For Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics : https://github.com/4...WallaceInSyntax

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac
12GB RAM

Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
Intel Core Duo Intel i7 Kabylake

Android : Samsung Note III 5.0, Samsung Tab S3 7.0 and Lenovo TAB4 8" 7.1

#6 revtim

revtim

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Twitter:@revandmrshall
  • Interests:discipling, loving my wife and family, the Bible, preaching, & technology
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:10 AM

I love the Mounce NT for that specific reason.

Edited by revtim, 07 December 2018 - 09:10 AM.

In Christ,

Tim Hall

MacOS

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, 2017) [space grey...coolest computer color in my mind]

1.2 GHz Intel Core m3

8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3

Intel HD Graphics 615 1536 MB

Running Mojave 10.14

iOS

iPhone X on Verizon

64 GB

Running 12.0

iPad (9.7" early 2018)

Wi-fi only

32 GB

Running 12.0