Verse Reference Search - Make More Exact

TYA

Shalom wonderful Accordance Team,

It would be nice if there was a way to tighten up on the verse reference search in the Research tab (i.e. find *only* a specific verse, instead of also getting hits for ranges (which sometimes include whole chapters) containing the verse.  Please see attached example.

Thank you.

post-35231-0-46366000-1544466588_thumb.jpg

Hi Mark.  I don't understand.  Can you elaborate please?  When / where am I supposed to hold down the Alt key?

(And because, I'm also seeing in my search for "1Ki 18:27" that not only whole chapters, but even references to the entire book of 1 Kings appear in the hits).

post-35231-0-70573500-1544467243_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

Sorry. When selecting a reference to Research, hold down the option key on a Mac, Alt key on the PC before you right-click on the reference and select "Research." It will put an "=" sign in front of the reference which tells Accordance to search for the verse without the range.

If you already have the Research tab open and have entered a verse, simply put an equal sign in front of the reference manually.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 3

Oh, beautiful.  Thanks so much!

The "=" sign can also be used in front of a word to tell Accordance NOT to ignore case and accent marks. So =Lord will find "Lord" with a capital "L". =εἷς will find that form instead of εἰς, which is, of course, a completely different word.

Edited by Mark Allison

Wonderful.  Thanks Mark!