Font Size for Text Browser (Non Latin Characters)

Fabian

Hello

Many thanks for the Preference to saver the font size in the Text Browser Preferences. 

Unfortunately for Salaam, Lakhisch, Peshitta, Sylvanus etc. has its own rules.

E.g. If I save the font size of post-32723-0-87784100-1544613675_thumb.png to post-32723-0-14846500-1544613710_thumb.png its only affect to "this" session, even if I save it as Standard. If I close the Text Browser and open it again it is on 36 again. So for the "normal" text the save is working, but not for the Text Browser.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm still not able to save permanently another size font. I can change the font, save it as Default, but after a new search it is on the old size again in the Text Browser.

Greetings

Fabian

I'm curious if you are doing this on a phone or on a computer.  I see you have Syriac in the screenshot.  I only use Accordance on my laptop PC right now, and I've gotten Hebrew (block script), Syriac (Estrangela, which you showed), Greek, and Latin to resize permanently in the Text Browser--no problem (see attached screenshot).

Technically, the only problem I had was that the verse references themselves (e.g. Gen 1:1) would resize sometimes when I increased or decreased the size of the text.  I found a little workaround to "trick" Accordance into returning the verse reference to a proper size (as sometimes it would become huge), while still getting the outcome I want with the actual text.

Here is a screenshot of my Text Browser for "original languages" (part of it, anyway) in the Tanakh.  It shows multiple languages and scripts, all roughly of even proportion on the screen.  (I admit, it was quite a technical challenge, but eventually I got it to appear the way I want.)

post-35231-0-88508800-1553389525_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

Hello TYA

This is on the Mac. 

Here a random screenshot:

Left is a Latin character Bible. In the middle the Text Browser. And right the Arab Bible opened from the Text Browser.

As you can see the Arab Bible in the Text Browser is too prominent. This happens to all non Latin character Bibles. Sometimes also the verse reference has another size as I saved it in the preferences. 

post-32723-0-43570700-1553409731_thumb.png

This photo is from my MacBook Air, on the MacBook Pro it is much worse. The Arabic Text is much bigger there in the Text Browser. 

So I change the font size in the prefs but, if I use the Text Browser again it has the same BIG size as before. 

As you can see it has also another size as the "normal" Bible which I opened from the Text Browser. 

The non latin characters and sometimes the verse refs from the non character Bibles are Rebels in the Text Browser, they break out from the preferences Jail. They have their own rules in the Text Browser. The latin character Bibles are well-behaved, they have the same size in the Bible as the scripture too as in a normal Pane and in Text Browser.

I would love if OakTree can bring them back to the Preferences Jail in Accordance, otherwise I have to hire a bounty hunter.

In my first post you can see if I change the font size and save it, it changes back to the previous size which is too big. 

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

I'm sorry I can't duplicate this, as I don't have a Mac.  But I checked, and I am able to manipulate the display settings for the Arabic Bible (Smith & Van Dyke) as shown in this screenshot.  After saving the new settings, I closed the Text Browser and reopened it just to make sure, and the settings seem to hold just like any other language for me.  So it seems I don't have the same problem on my PC that you are showing.

post-35231-0-48621600-1553414463_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

• 10 months later...

Fabian (coming back to this almost a year later), I believe you aren't seeing your font sizes because you have this preference checked:  Preferences -> Web & Text Browser -> Use default font sizes for all panes.

Thanks. 

But why are the default font size so huge on the non Latin characters? Especially Estrangelo and Arabic. The Estrangelo and Arabic is by far bigger than the Hebrew. The Hebrew is in good shape with the Latin characters. Can you make the default smaller?

Greetings

Fabian