Vulgate tagged

Brian W. Davidson

The tagged Vulgate text (Vulgate-T) doesn’t seem to have punctuation, but the untagged version (Vulgate) does. Is this correct or am I missing something? First image is of the one that has punctuation but is not tagged; the second is the text that has no punctuation and is tagged.

post-32384-0-88046700-1546190501_thumb.png post-32384-0-10604500-1546190585_thumb.png

Just to clarify, I’m saying the Vulgate-T does not have commas, semicolons, periods or other basic punctuation marks, and this is text, because it is tagged, is the one I would like to read from.

Edited by Brian W. Davidson

I think the problem here is the Western MacOS Roman from an earlier century. Because there has only 256 characters some are not possible now. Apple should definitely increase it.   Not for all vocals are a macron available. 

But maybe I'm wrong.

Greetings

Fabian

The tagged Vulgate text (Vulgate-T) doesn’t seem to have punctuation, but the untagged version (Vulgate) does. Is this correct or am I missing something? First image is of the one that has punctuation but is not tagged; the second is the text that has no punctuation and is tagged.

attachicon.gif0601058F-15FE-4812-B772-87B9662C3E63.png attachicon.gif5F78CA2E-324E-4CE6-92A6-D1F1DC637557.png

Just to clarify, I’m saying the Vulgate-T does not have commas, semicolons, periods or other basic punctuation marks, and this is text, because it is tagged, is the one I would like to read from.

We will look into this; thank you.

• Like 1