Infographic bible

ukfraser

I wondered if there is any interest in this? I would certainly get it.

https://www.theinfographicbible.com

https://www.harpercollins.co.uk/9780007554614/the-infographic-bible/

By karen sawrey

I like images and this presents the bible very visually. A totally different way in presenting the analytics that is already available in accordance. The problem for me with the hard copy is that many of the images cross the binding, a problem you dont get in accordance so it would be an excellent addition. However, i can see all the hyper links to scripture for accordance tobe a nightmare.

Edited by ukfraser

This just would not work in Accordance. This sort of visually demanding content would just get converted into under-sized, over-compressed and unsearchable JPEGs that would just be useless. Look at the sample images—lines of text going going in all directions. That works OK in a printed book when you can rotate it in order to read it. I cannot see it working Accordance.

Hi alistair, unfortunately it doesnt work in a printed book as many images cross the binding make them unreadable and its crying out for an e-version!

This would actually work very well in accordance just as the 'atlas of the european reformation' is so much better in accordance than the printed book. Im not convinced that the images in that are over compressed jpegs. They could be zoomed and easily rotated on tablets.

but i do share your views that as image files they will be unsearchable and not able to be linked but would certainly benefit from metadata tagging.

Edited by ukfraser

Hi Fraser, 

I cannot comment on the Atlas you mentioned as I do not own it. I do not have many visual resources in Accordance and seldom use the ones I do have.

Generally speaking I would say that my experience of visual resources has been disappointing.

I've seen images that were only a couple of inches across and at screen resolution.

I've seen tables and charts have been scanned from print books and placed as images.

I'm clearly not up-to-date with all the latest modules. However I am willing to withdraw my comment about over-compressed JPEGs.

I have been able to work with some very high quality vector-based graphical resources and when you drop an EPS file into Keynote you really notice the difference.

Happy New Year!

I might have added that I have a print copy of Visual Theology by Challies & Byers and have found it quite underwhelming.

Sure, some of the images are attractive and even informative, but others remain puzzling.

I cannot comment on the text because I haven't read it, naturally.

Maybe that puts my perspective in perspective.