Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:36 PM

Hello 

I don't know if this make sense but I saw this on https://www.equipd.me/about/ (near the bottom) http://x-callback-url.com

BTW this app has also some other unique features. Maybe in a future update?

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian, 09 January 2019 - 04:39 PM.

• Rich and OSchrock like this
Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#2 OSchrock

OSchrock

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

Nice! I'm really hoping for true x-callback URL functions in Accordance mobile in a future update!

• Joel Arnold and Fabian like this

#3 jlm

jlm

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:06 AM

As far as one-way communication goes, the accord:// scheme is equivalent to x-callback-url. There's no two-way communication at present (returning data to the calling app). I considered asking for an x-callback-url that would return the text of a passage of Scripture, but I decided against it because I'm not sure I would use it. I often quote clauses or phrases instead of exact verses, and I don't always know the exact reference without looking at the text. So I would probably wind up using copy-and-paste frequently even if there was an x-callback-url interface for retrieving text.

Note that if you want text from the ESV and are online, you can use the ESV API to fetch verses. I don't know of an analogous service for other versions.

• OSchrock likes this

#4 Joel Arnold

Joel Arnold

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:53 PM

I would LOVE to see two way x-callback-url support in iOS. I use Accordance services constantly on Mac OS and find it incredibly helpful. To have that capacity on iOS would complete the loop for me and make full writing on iOS possible.

To be clear - meaning the ability for another app to call for content within Accordance and the data to be returned to the calling app.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users