Photo

Is there an Accordance-Specific URL to open a web browser in Accordance?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OSchrock

OSchrock

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:37 PM

Is there an Accordance URL that would open a web browser pane in Accordance?

It would be useful for creating an "open webpage in Accordance" extension for a web browser.

I would expect something like the following, but it does not work.

https://accordance.bible/link/open/www.google.com

or 

accord://open/www.google.com

• Fabian likes this

#2 Rich

Rich

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my lovely wife, my children, fellowship, worship music, piano, gardening. and pursuing my M.Div at Asbury Theological Seminary.
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:25 PM

I know of the following which I have hooked up to Alfred:

Verse:  accord://read/{query}

Word Search:  accord://search/{query}

Rich Wardwell

Accordance Hardware

2017 iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2017, 4.2 GHz i7, 32GB memory, Radeon Pro 580, 8GB, 2TB SSD, Mojave)

2017 15" MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", 2017, 3.1 GHz  i7, 16GB memory, 1 TB SSD, Mojave)

2018 iPad Pro (12.9", 512GB, iOS 12)

2017 iPhone X (iOS 12)

#3 OSchrock

OSchrock

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:09 AM

I know of the following which I have hooked up to Alfred:

Verse:  accord://read/{query}

Word Search:  accord://search/{query}

Thank you. I already use those extensively and they're great for running searches or opening a scripture passage. However, I was looking for a similar accordance URL that would send an internet web page to Accordance to be opened in an Accordance web browser pane.

#4 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:23 AM

Mmh maybe Joe Weaks is able to write a script for "Services"? So you can open the Site in Accordance, with a right-click.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian, 14 January 2019 - 07:24 AM.

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#5 Rich

Rich

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my lovely wife, my children, fellowship, worship music, piano, gardening. and pursuing my M.Div at Asbury Theological Seminary.

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:07 AM

Thank you. I already use those extensively and they're great for running searches or opening a scripture passage. However, I was looking for a similar accordance URL that would send an internet web page to Accordance to be opened in an Accordance web browser pane.

Ahhh... so you need something like accord://browse/{url} — sorry, misunderstood.  I would think the Accordance developers would have to add support for a deep link to their internal browser in their custom URL scheme (assuming they don't support it already)...

• OSchrock likes this

Rich Wardwell

Accordance Hardware

2017 iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2017, 4.2 GHz i7, 32GB memory, Radeon Pro 580, 8GB, 2TB SSD, Mojave)

2017 15" MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", 2017, 3.1 GHz  i7, 16GB memory, 1 TB SSD, Mojave)

2018 iPad Pro (12.9", 512GB, iOS 12)

2017 iPhone X (iOS 12)

#6 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Interests:I like things that are Orange, and possibly Blue.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:26 PM

It'd be awesome to provide a bookmarklet for your web browser to go along with these other handy Accordance Bookmarklets.

A Service for the contextual menu as well.

Alas, the web browser tab is still in its infancy stage. There is no programmatic hook to open a web browser tab with a specific URL property. And, in terms of the user interface, when an Accordance web browser tab is open, there is not even any way through the menus or keyboard to bring the cursor to the URL address bar where you could at least simulate this. The only way to change the URL is to click in the address bar.

It will take some development to make this possible, which I'm sure will come in time.

• OSchrock and Fabian like this
Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

Sometimes I'm so helpful even I can't stand it.

#7 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Interests:I like things that are Orange, and possibly Blue.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:23 PM

For kicks, if this was important to have now, here is a Service workflow that you can activate with a Safari or Chrome web page open and it will pull the URL of the current browser tab and then launch a new Accordance web browser and open that URL in it, using a redirector.

It is an ugly workaround (uses keystroke UIscripting, uses a forward service, leaves an extra browser tab).

To set it up, you must set the default URL for new Accordance Web Brower pages to:  http://www.url-opener.com

You can download here.  If you get a permissions error, you need to add your web browser (Safari, Chrome) to the list of allowed applications that can control the computer for assistive interface scripting (more info here).

Here is the script text for educational purposes:

on run {}

-- Uses URL opener to open current web page in Accordance
-- Must set default new Accordance Web Browser to: http://www.url-opener.com

tell application "System Events" to set activeApp to name of application processes whose frontmost is true
set activeApp to activeApp as string

if activeApp contains "Safari" then
	tell application "Safari" to set theURL to URL of front document
else if activeApp contains "Chrome" then
	display dialog activeApp
	tell application "Google Chrome" to set theURL to URL of active tab of front window
--else if activeApp contains "Firefox" then
--	tell application "Firefox" to activate
--	tell application "System Events"
--		keystroke "l" using command down
--		keystroke "c" using command down
--	end tell
--	delay 0.5
--	set theURL to the clipboard
else
	set theURL to "Err: This is not a web page."
	return
end if

tell application "Accordance"
	activate
	tell application "System Events" to tell process "Accordance"
		click menu item "Web Browser" of menu 1 of menu item 1 of menu 1 of menu bar item "File" of menu bar 1
		delay 0.5
		keystroke theURL
		key code 36 using {control down}
	end tell
end tell

return

end run

Edited by Joe Weaks, 14 January 2019 - 06:26 PM.

• OSchrock and Fabian like this
Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

Sometimes I'm so helpful even I can't stand it.

#8 OSchrock

OSchrock

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

For kicks, if this was important to have now, here is a Service workflow that you can activate with a Safari or Chrome web page open and it will pull the URL of the current browser tab and then launch a new Accordance web browser and open that URL in it, using a redirector.

It is an ugly workaround (uses keystroke UIscripting, uses a forward service, leaves an extra browser tab).

To set it up, you must set the default URL for new Accordance Web Brower pages to:  http://www.url-opener.com

You can download here.  If you get a permissions error, you need to add your web browser (Safari, Chrome) to the list of allowed applications that can control the computer for assistive interface scripting (more info here).

Here is the script text for educational purposes:

Wow, Joe Weaks, you are amazing!  This is awesome! I'm sure that took a good bit of time, and I appreciate it tremendously!

• Unix likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users