Paste issue from Acc web browser to search box

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Acc 12.3.2

Mac 10.11.6

I just pulled up some text in the web browser and wanted to copy/paste it into a user tool search box. That failed to paste anything.

I then pulled up an ESVS text tab, and in the browser went to biblegateway (in the Acc web browser) and pulled up some English passage. I copied a word from that and tried to paste it into the search box of my ESVS tab. It pasted some old Greek (scrambled of course as it converted to English chars) but not the thing I had just copied from biblegateway.

In fairness I am not sure I've ever proved this should work but it doesn't seem to now.

Thx

D

Ok I figured out the issue. cmd-C/Ctrl-C on Mac/Win respectively do not copy. You have to right click and use the context menu copy item.

Has it always been like this ? Can the cmd-C/ctrl-C keystrokes be made to work ?

thx

D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've never been able to reproduce this, even on my machine running Mac 10.11.6

Is Cmd-C working for you everywhere else in accordance?  When you hit Cmd-C with a selection in the URL bar, does the "Edit" menu at the top of the screen flash blue momentarily?

Hi Silas,

I can cmd-C from say a tool or text and paste that into the search bar.

And yes cmd-C on a URL in the browser does cause the Edit menu item to flash blue and that URL can be pasted in.

But if I try to cmd-C from page content on a web page in the Accordance web browser it doesn't copy. If I go instead to Firefox I can copy it.

Interestingly ... if I select some text in the browser and goto the Edit->Copy menu option, it does not copy either. Only the right click -> Copy works.

Also, I'll note that when I use cmd-C on content in the browser page the Edit menu does flash blue also. It just doesn't copy. So it seems the shortcut is recognized.

Finally, rebooting Acc did not help either.

Thx

D

• Like 1