The text “ESVi” is not currently available to Accordance.

doulos12

I just bought Accordance a few weeks ago, first trying the free version then buying and Easy Installing the Greek & Hebrew Discoverer package. At that point, since it came with a better ESV, I deleted the free ESV from the library list — don’t need both.

Now, every time I scroll through a text window, each verse, I get an error dialog (twice): The text “ESVi” is not currently available to Accordance.

Did I delete something wrong? I used the “Delete” from the contextual menu in the library pane, which seemed like the right way to do it.

Mac Version 12.3.1; Mac OS 12.14.2

Mmmh a common bug. 

I had it ones, a friend had it. But I have just to start my brain to remember how I solved it. I'm not sure but try:

Shut down Accordance,  press [alt] and make a restart. Then choose "clean library cache" and restart. See if that helps.

Greetings

Fabian

Try running the Setup Assistance again (Help > Setup Assistant) and remove any references to ESVi. Also make sure your Preferences don't link to it somewhere.

• Like 2

Setup assistant didn't help, and no reference to ESVi in preferences that I can find. 

Clearing the cache & resetting text settings, I get this, which is much more annoying:

post-35416-0-09433900-1547738775_thumb.png

EDIT: Sorry, I now see you clearly said it was the library pane, my bad.

Edited by Silas Marrs

This happens when scrolling through any text window?

Does the info pane being open/closed make any difference?

Does instant details being open/closed make any difference?

Sorry for all the questions, trying to figure out where this is originating in the code.

Yes, any text window.

Closing info pane and reopening it seems to have fixed it.  :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem and was sure there were no reference to ESVi in preferences. Then I found out, that the Info Pane Display has it's separate settings (the gear wheel in the Info Pane) - and there I found a reference to ESVi. After I changed that reference and saved the settings as default, it works fine again.

• Like 1