Keyboard Shortcut for "Move to prior location" and "Move to next location"

pandakruon

Does this help page include what you're looking for?

Shortuct Keys for Workspaces, Zones, Tabs, Panes, Edit Windows, and General Navigation

Not precisely sure which option you mean by "location". I'm familar with next "verse", next "hit", next "mark", etc.

Edited by Joe Weaks

I'm talking about the little blue arrows next to the verse box in the bottom right corner.  When I hover over them it says, "Move to prior/next location."

Ah, those arrows that appear once you've selected next verse or next article, etc. I don't think they have key combinations, but I'm trying to think of a context where you need them. Don't they only appear once you've clicked or done the key shortcut for the navigation options on the lower left, "Next Art" or "Next Hit", etc.?

That being the case, you can just use those keyboard shortcuts, which I tried to link you to previous.

For instance, ⌃+⌘+↑ or ↓ if you were navigating by Hit.

Here's the direct reference section.

Arrow Keys: Search, Text, and Tool Tabs

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX12/content/topics/10_ref/kb/navigating_wrkspcs_zones_tabs_panes.htm#kanchor200

It could be there's a use case where what I said isn't the case, that you are aware of but that I'm ignorant. What window type are you talking about? A Tool or a Text or what?

Edited by Joe Weaks

When I open ESV text, the bottom right window says Gen. 1:1

I type in that window Rom. 1:1 , hit return

Then the arrows appear

I could click on the left arrow to go back to Gen. 1:1, but is there a keyboard shortcut to go back to Gen. 1:1 ? And then forward again to Rom. 1:1 ?

I'm sorry, I didn't see it in the link you sent.

Panda,

I don't think there is, no. Sorry.

And thanks for finally spelling out the procedure you're talking about. I never use the goto box in the bottom right so forgot about that instance where the arrows show up. Sorry.

That said, the key shortcuts for the go to next hit/verse/chapter/book plus with shift key to add 10 are VERY quick navigation you might want to familiarize yourself with.

Ok, thanks for hanging with me and responding.

I use it like the back and forward button on my web browser. And if I could've figured out the keyboard shortcut, I was going to map it to my trackpad's two finger swipe left and right using BetterTouchTool.

I use it like the back and forward button on my web browser.

I also request that Accordance make "back" and "forward" navigation buttons for Verse History, *and* that the Verse History logs any verse that I park on for say, 10 seconds or more.

Another program does this really well, but I've been "burned" several times in Accordance when, while studying a particular verse, I hit a wrong button, and am suddenly swept away to another place.  And that verse usually isn't saved in the history, unless it just happens to be one that I manually entered into the search field.

I'd rather have a lot larger Verse History Display pop up (a larger box instead of just vertical list), because my eye can quickly scan over all the activity if I need to find something I was looking at half an hour ago.

This may sound odd, but sometimes I will actually be studying a verse while reading, and then hit a button and be thrown somewhere else, and I don't remember the exact verse number I was just looking at.  Sure, I'll almost always remember at least the chapter, but the point is that I don't have a quick and easy way to simply go "back" and "forward."  These would also be nice.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 3

I also request that Accordance make "back" and "forward" navigation buttons for Verse History, *and* that the Verse History logs any verse that I park on for say, 10 seconds or more.

Another program does this really well, but I've been "burned" several times in Accordance when, while studying a particular verse, I hit a wrong button, and am suddenly swept away to another place.  And that verse usually isn't saved in the history, unless it just happens to be one that I manually entered into the search field.

I'd rather have a lot larger Verse History Display pop up (a larger box instead of just vertical list), because my eye can quickly scan over all the activity if I need to find something I was looking at half an hour ago.

This may sound odd, but sometimes I will actually be studying a verse while reading, and then hit a button and be thrown somewhere else, and I don't remember the exact verse number I was just looking at.  Sure, I'll almost always remember at least the chapter, but the point is that I don't have a quick and easy way to simply go "back" and "forward."  These would also be nice.

+ 1000!

• 1 month later...

+1 for both a shortcut key assigned to the "prior/next location" buttons and greater usefulness of those buttons.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

+ 1both a shortcut key assigned to the "prior/next location" buttons. Due to wrist pain I am using my mouse less and keeping my hands on the keyboard more, and currently the only way to navigate back after navigating to some link is to perform a microfine point-and-click on the tiny back button at the bottom of the screen. Please can a shortcut be added for this? Something like the way a regular web browser's ⌘+[ and ⌘+] shortcuts work for back and forwards?  

• Like 2

+1 for both a shortcut key assigned to the "prior/next location" buttons and greater usefulness of those buttons.

+1 :)