Make Partnership to Provide These Bibles

Fabian

Hello

This is a relatively new project (2017). https://dbs.org

The BIG plus from Accordance: 

1. A full Bible software not only a reader. They don't have it.

2. No internet-connection is required. So best prerequisite for the mission field abroad. They have a lot only from the cloud.

3. Accordance Lite is free. In comparison to the other free tools, there must be no hesitation from their side. And you owned also the Bible if you download it as E-Pub, Mobi etc. So there must be also no hesitation to work with OakTree.

Don't throw this possibility away! 

Greetings

Fabian

BTW. Where are the Dutch Bible you said you are in the licensing process? And all the other ones?

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

What exactly is it that you want for Accordance to do? What exactly is the possibility you’re talking about?

Is like you’re not really saying anything and no specifics are given.

You want Accordance to offer free Bibles and Commentaries?

If you could elaborate, maybe it’ll make your request more interesting.

What exactly is it that you want for Accordance to do? . . . Is like you’re not really saying anything and no specifics are given.

Similar to studying the Bible in context, this post of Fabian's must be understood in the wider context of his other posts.  He wants more foreign language resources, including German and Dutch Bibles.  Rest assured, many reading this post will understand exactly what he is requesting.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 2

What exactly is it that you want for Accordance to do? What exactly is the possibility you’re talking about?

Is like you’re not really saying anything and no specifics are given.

You want Accordance to offer free Bibles and Commentaries?

If you could elaborate, maybe it’ll make your request more interesting.

Sorry, for me the topic was more than clear, but that was from my perspective.

I try to explain:

At the moment Accordance is one of the best Bible softwares out there. With the advantages I mentioned above, but they lacks on Bibles for the mission field. So a missionary need a Bible software like Accordance, another Bible reader for the foreign language or the skills and the time to create Bibles for Accordance. I have done some Bibles for me and get some skills, which I use now to help Missionaries to have a foreign Bible in Accordance. Thats o.k for a few Bibles, but not for the 789 Bibles in 711 languages. There must be a connection between the Bible provider and OakTree. This would be a benefit for Accordance, for the missionaries and for the Bible providers. But the most win would be for the people out there which needs the word of Jesus in their languages with an appropriate software.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Gotcha! Yep, you would need help for that

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Sorry, for me the topic was more than clear, but that was from my perspective.

I try to explain:

At the moment Accordance is one of the best Bible softwares out there. With the advantages I mentioned above, but they lacks on Bibles for the mission field. So a missionary need a Bible software like Accordance, another Bible reader for the foreign language or the skills and the time to create Bibles for Accordance. I have done some Bibles for me and get some skills, which I use now to help Missionaries to have a foreign Bible in Accordance. Thats o.k for a few Bibles, but not for the 789 Bibles in 711 languages. There must be a connection between the Bible provider and OakTree. This would be a benefit for Accordance, for the missionaries and for the Bible providers. But the most win would be for the people out there which needs the word of Jesus in their languages with an appropriate software.

Greetings

Fabian

This is truly a need but the orthography might pose some issues. Also, I checked out https://dbs.org and it does not have some of the very problematic translations that are on similar sites (like bible.com)! I hope this is intentional. 

It's the responsibility of various Churches and congregations everywhere, they should take up offerings very specifically donating to OakTree for funding making Accordance modules, by hiring staff, of additional Bibles in foreign languages! It would be good to spread my idea, I'd like someone to contact me by PM or SMS and I'll help out with my Social Media Marketing skills.

They appear to be based in Texas but the website says nothing about the actual people involved, you know, founder, president, trustees, board of reference, CEO, CFO etc.

I have an issue with that.

Our contact information is in the company section of our website. Since we are a privately held company, and not a Not-For-Profit organization, we have no obligation to make any other information public.

I think Alistair meant the translation project when he mentioned the lack of transparency in the organization structure.

I think Alistair meant the translation project when he mentioned the lack of transparency in the organization structure.

Thanks Lester, yes that is what I meant.

I thought Helen's comment was more of an explanation why the DBS does not appear to have that information on its website, suggesting it might be a private-held organisation (as is OakTree).

If you go to the bottom of the DBS page, left side, you'll see links to their ECFA profile and Charity Navigator listing. They're a 501( c )( 3 ), and if you're interested, there is other organizational information at those links.

Edited by Abram K-J