Including grammars in Live Click

Christopher J. Thomson

The new Live Click feature is great but I wonder if it would be possible to include grammars and other tools rather than just texts and lexicons? This is one of the features I use the most in Bibleworks - you can just hover over a verse and it will tell you which sections of each grammar refer to that verse and then access them with a click.

1) Put all of your desired grammars into an appropriately named user group. (Select them in the Library, right click -> Add to User Group)

2) Go to the Live Click preferences, set Verse Lookup to use Research, and choose your Custom Group in that same section.

3) Now just click on any verse reference to have it search in your chosen grammars!

Also don't forget that the very handy Info pane has a Grammars section, so with no setup, you could also know if a grammar references a verse.

• Like 3

Thanks Joel, that's really helpful - I didn't realise one could do that. It would be nice if as well as the options to "Show Excerpts" and "Show Full Text" there was another option to simply show headings (see example screenshot). The excerpt view is nice for verses referenced in only one or two places, but when there are a number it would be handy to be able to home in on the relevant section easily.

post-31244-0-10599000-1548128168_thumb.png

Edited by Christopher J. Thomson

Thanks, Joel! I hadn't remembered the Research Tab option on the Verse Lookup settings for Live Click Preferences. This is also a great reminder of the powerful flexibility of the Accordance program. There are so many Preferences options that I tend to forget bunches of them!

Thanks from all us with Pooh Bear sized brains,

Joseph

• 10 months later...

Live Click!  Wow!!!  This is an incredible feature.  This inside of Accordance is amazing for quick, easy, and very accessible information at ones finger tips.  If one does lots of word studies, verse studies, and etc, this will be your new best friend!!!  I am sure I will find other extremely helpful tools within Accordance but this is amazing.  Thanks Accordance!!!

Garrell