Greek Text - Family 35 by Pickering Edition?

MFriend

Hi Folks:

Just a question that those who have the "Family 35" greek text by Pickering might know.

The Family 35 greek text has a 1st and a 2nd edition (the 2nd edition I believe came out in 2015).  On the accordance website it does not say if this is the first or second edition.  Does anyone who owns it know?

Thanks...

Hi ya,

The about module info is :

GNT-Family 35

Byzantine Greek New Testament (GNT-F35)

Kr/Family 35 Textform 

Compiled and arranged by the Center for the Study and Preservation of the Majority Text
Used by permission.

Morphological tagging by Dr. Rex A. Koivisto, Multnomah University, Portland, Oregon

Version 1.9

That may not really clear it up I'm afraid, but if you are right that the 2nd ed. came out in 2015 then perhaps it does.
  I cannot get to the website for cspmt.org. It seems the URL leads to some page talking about SEO which is hardly helpful. Oaktree may want to double check the URL and update the intro module as it refers to this URL which looks defunct now.

The intro module with it - GNT-Family 35 Intro also says 2014 but has not edition information.

I'm afraid someone from Oaktree will have to comment.

Thx
D

I emailed our contact to ask about this.

The cspmt.org website is indeed defunct. From what I know of the f35 text, though, any change from one edition to another should be infinitesimal, since that manuscript tradition was the most controlled of any that we know, and apparently was the result of a recension in the truest sense.

I emailed the author (Dr. Pickering) and here is what he said in the email for anyone interested in the greek NT of Family 35:

"The main difference between the two editions is that the second has accents and diacritics added, that the first lacked. I only made six or eight changes in the text itself, usually involving a single letter. I do not plan to prepare a third edition of the Greek Text; but I will be doing a third of the English translation."

So the changes as far as the actual text between the 1st and 2nd editions of the greek text are very small.

Matthew

• Like 1