mattsarahryan1

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 27 January 2019 - 06:09 PM

Hi Quick Question

When editing user notes, is it possible to see all verse notes within the edit window, or can only one verse note be edited at a time?

Matt 

#2 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,151 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Accordance (of course!); biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology & practice; spending time with my wife, Kathy, and my hound, Lucy Mae; cooking with cast iron and Tabasco; getting lost on country roads in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:10 AM

Only one verse can be edited at a time, but if you have your notes open in parallel or a separate zone, you can see all of them at once.

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#3 mattsarahryan1

mattsarahryan1

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

Ok, so just to clarify then. When actually editing, there is no way to scroll through the notes file to edit another section? 

#4 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 5,512 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:23 PM

You can try using the Note up and down buttons at the bottom of the Edit window to view/edit other notes.  You still will be limited to one note at a time, though.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#5 JAC

JAC

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Religion, writing, thinking, having a good time with good people
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:32 PM

OK, I was reading Genesis 1 and 2. The sample notes are indicated by the page icon in the margin. I wanted to add my own thoughts but it won't allow editing the sample notes. Not a big deal. So I clicked somewhere and opened my user notes in a parallel (?) window next to Sample notes. I typed in what I wanted and it was all good. But then I closed my user notes windolet and kept reading. A couple of verses later, I needed to add another note. I didn't know what I had done to create the windolet that allowed me to see my user notes. So, I was forced to use the floating window for note entry. I got that done but I wanted to see both the sample notes and my user notes side by side as I had accidentally done earlier. Could not figure out how I had done it. Any ideas? Can't find anything in Accordance help though I could have missed it.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users