Accordance Font problem

CanarsieMan500

I am running version 12.3.2 on Mojave. The Accordance font is no longer displaying Greek text properly; I'm not sure if this began with the upgrade to Mojave or later on. I have tried these:

1 - reinstall Accordance program from scratch

2 - reinstall Accordance font by itself - both in my font management program Suitcase, and when that didn't work, in FontBook as well.

3 - Did a restart after all the above

Font still displays incorrectly. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks,

Rich 

Try opening Accordance in Safe Mode by holding the Option key.  Then choose 'Clean up installed fonts' from the 'Clean up' section.  That should fix it for you!

Yes, that worked (thanks!) though I had to restart the computer after cleaning up fonts. So what does clean up fonts do exactly? If it involves cleaning font caches, I already had done that function in Suitcase with no effect.

Unfortunately, after a while, the problem has cropped up again. I have done nothing since earlier today when it was working fine. This is perplexing.

Rich, my guess is your font management software.  It may have restored from some backups, or done other odd things to your Accordance fonts.  The Clean Up Installed Fonts option simply removes any possible old Accordance fonts and installs the latest set.  This works fine for Macs without any 3rd party font software.  I have no idea what your Suitcase program is doing, but since this Clean Up has worked for every other user, it implies that Suitcase is causing problems.

Just to be clear, can you also upload a picture of your incorrect Greek, to verify its the same issue I've seen before?

I know the Accordance devs don't say this. But I had success by delete all Helena Fonts in the Font ... (Schriftenverzeichnis in Deutsch) and then install Accordance over the old to add the fonts new. 

Greetings

Fabian

Joel, see attached screen shot. Is this the problem you've seen before?

Fabian, I can try eliminating Helena.

post-33944-0-40087900-1548806953_thumb.png

FYI, just entirely removed Helena and Accordance from Suitcase and Font Book. Holding my breath - Greek appears to display properly now!

Where does Accordance store the accordance font? 

• Like 1