Superscript too large in user notes

Guntis

Hi,

When I paste commentary text with the superscripted text into my user notes, line spacing changes for those lines which contain superscript. Could you please adjust superscript size so that it doesn't affect line spacing? Looks ugly.

Try pasting this paragraph into user notes. Cambria font, 16 pt size.

https://accordance.bible/link/read/Nicoll-Expositor’s_Bible#32022

post-634-0-07754400-1548746250_thumb.png

• Like 1

By the way, applying Cambria font for all pasted text, removes italicized text in the bibliography section. Why? Text should retain Bold/Italics/Underline formatting even if I change font (if that font has Bold and Italics type faces).

The superscript is whatever size you make it.  You've made it 16 point, so it's 16 point.

I recognized this too.

By import as HTML and as copy-paste the superscript had different size. 

Silas: Ok.thanks for the explanation. 

Will be there a copy-paste option that recognize the size to the characters with the size of the superscript? 

Also an import of HTML and copy-paste handles different the next line after a ¶ line break. The HTML adds an empty line which a copy paste doesn't. 

Greetings

Fabian

The superscript is whatever size you make it.  You've made it 16 point, so it's 16 point.

It shouldn't be "whatever size" I make it. :) 

Superscript usually is about 33–40% smaller than normal text. And it's resized automatically when I apply Superscript format. Look how it's implemented in MS Word or Apple Pages. Nowhere Superscript retains the same font size as normal text, just shifting baseline. It's also automatically scaled.

See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subscript_and_superscript

You can change this in Preferences>>Tool Display.

Superscript works differently in Accordance because they are hyperlinks, and their format is customisable, not fixed at a percentage of the normal text.