Can you run Accordance under MacOS Guest User Account?

Wayne Stewart

Hi,

I guess the subject says it all.

We've got an iMac set up in the parish office that has the parish financials on it.  It also has Accordance on it.

We've got a guest account set up for printing and I was wondering if it would be possible for guest users to access Accordance?

Currently when you start up Accordance it asks you to register but then it loses track when you log out again.

Is this possible?

Is it okay licensing wise?

Thanks,

Wayne

It is allowed as long as this licensed copy of Accordance is only used on this one computer. Then multiple users may access it. As to why a Guest account isn't saving the registration, I don't know but maybe you need to set up an account on the Mac that has limited access to other things like your financials, but does have Accordance installed.

I have the Guest Account set up on my computer for visitors to use because when they are finished, all activity is deleted and the account resets to the default files. Guests don't have access to my files, and I don't have any access to their activity. Rather than the Guest account, you will probably set up a new user account without administrator privileges. 

Summary: The behavior of the Guest Account you observe in the intended behavior. It is designed to do this for security purposes.

Shalom,

Joseph

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...