Complex search

Joel Arnold

So let's say you want to search across all of your commentaries to see if anyone connects a certain passage to your text. I want to know if any commentary in my library mentions Eccl. 12:11 in their comments on Matt. 23:8. How would you do that?

I suppose I could settle for a "within so many words of" type search too. I'm just not quite sure how to put all the pieces together to do that through research, searching my entire library.

• Like 1

A Research on Verse And Commentaries =Matt23:8; Eccl 12:11

Greetings

Fabian

Or Research on Commentaries [RANGE Matt 23:8] Eccl 12:11

Maybe you have to play a little bit with <AND> Or “ “

Greetings

Fabian

I do not think this is possible in the Research tab. In each commentary you can search the reference field and the scripture field together.

• 1 month later...

So let's say you want to search across all of your commentaries to see if anyone connects a certain passage to your text. I want to know if any commentary in my library mentions Eccl. 12:11 in their comments on Matt. 23:8. How would you do that?

I suppose I could settle for a "within so many words of" type search too. I'm just not quite sure how to put all the pieces together to do that through research, searching my entire library.

I was really happy to find that a different user has discovered how to add [Range ?] to Research tabs.  It works for searching commentaries for particular words in their comments on a particular verse, but it doesn't seem to search for scripture references so it's not a complete answer to your question, but it is the closest I've seen so far.

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/19102-scripture-and-content-in-research/?p=102193

+1 for adding [Range ?] to Research tabs.