tagged texts user bible Swahili

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cameron

Cameron

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:The Bible, Woodworking, Working with Volunteer missionaries around the world, Software development, Reading, Learning Swahili and Hand-writing the Bible.
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:58 AM

This might be very unusual request.

I have recently imported a Swahili language Bible as a User Text into Accordance.  This works great (mostly) so far.  

The challenge I have is i would like to link the Swahili to the original languages <OR> to English...

and/also, if I could create a tagged text for language correlation to English, that would also be very helpful.

Is this possible for a user?

Thanks,

Cam

#2 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:48 AM

In general this is not possible right now. 

The way I do it is as follows:

after the word I add the <sup> </sup>.  E.g God<sup>H430</sup> this allows you to search for it and to hide them if it is not used. 

What do you mean by "mostly"?

Greetings

Fabian

BTW I have some wishes too. https://www.accordan...import +options

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#3 Cameron

Cameron

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:The Bible, Woodworking, Working with Volunteer missionaries around the world, Software development, Reading, Learning Swahili and Hand-writing the Bible.

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:29 AM

I was struggling with a parallel search by verse issue, but just realized I didn't have any Psalms #:0 verses and that was creating an offset of 1 verse for every chapter that should have had that ":0" reference ....all good now.

Creating a Bible text that has all of the proper paragraph locations and other formatting option embedded is quite the undertaking...I could write a program to insert the formatting in the text if something like a Bible format template existed...otherwise it is completely manual..eish.

With regard to the tagging and using the tags to identify word links to original texts, that would be cool - or i could create a Swahili <--> English cross reference...that would be great too...too bad that isn't an option...

How would you HIDE the reference you mentioned above?  I tested and I can see it 

Mwanzo 1:1 Hapo mwanzo Mungu H430 aliziumba mbingu na nchi...

How do you hide the (H430)?

Thanks Fabian

Edited by Cameron, 05 February 2019 - 04:30 AM.

#4 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:21 AM

I was struggling with a parallel search by verse issue, but just realized I didn't have any Psalms #:0 verses and that was creating an offset of 1 verse for every chapter that should have had that ":0" reference ....all good now.

Ha, I guessed this. Or you can use another Bible as verse references. 

Command-T, Advanced, Hide/surpess ... Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-05 um 11.32.03.png   219.22KB   0 downloads

http://accordancefil...20Bibles|_____2

I can send you a user Bible I have done with a lot of poetry to see how I have done it. 

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian, 05 February 2019 - 05:27 AM.

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#5 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:03 AM

With regard to the tagging and using the tags to identify word links to original texts, that would be cool - or i could create a Swahili <--> English cross reference...that would be great too...too bad that isn't an option...

If you have done the tagging Accordance can (with your and the agreement of the Bible © holder) add it to the shop. 

BUT honestly I'm not full of hope. I have sent them a lot of Bibles and © Addresses and they have rejected it. 

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

#6 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,592 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:14 AM

Fabian: We have followed many of your suggestions but have run into difficulties with getting a license at reasonable terms, or proving that a work and the etext are in the public domain. We appreciate your input, but please stop accusing us of ignoring it.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#7 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:38 AM

Fabian: We have followed many of your suggestions but have run into difficulties with getting a license at reasonable terms, or proving that a work and the etext are in the public domain. We appreciate your input, but please stop accusing us of ignoring it.

My Computer has an e-mail program and as I asked some license holder, some of them negated your company has contacted them.

I try my best, but sometimes it breaks through.

Greetings

Fabian

BTW the Elberfelder CSV with Strong's which the publisher had corrected the Strong's number over a few years. This I would REALLY love to have it in Accordance.

Edited by Fabian, 05 February 2019 - 12:03 PM.

Greetings

Fabian

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tagged texts, user bible, Swahili

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users