NA28 Loci citati vel allegati removed?

plukevdh

The 10/15/18 update of the NA28 Apparatus notes that Appendix 3 (Loci citati vel allegati) was supposed to have been added. Looking over version 2.3 right now, it's not listed in the appendices and doesn't appear to exist. Was it removed? Was it ever actually added? Am I missing where it was placed? 

Thanks.

As far as I can see, this Appendix is actually the cross-references to the OT which we provide in a separate module named GNT Crossreferences. However, I do see that we planned to include the Appendix itself in the Apparatus last Fall, and will inquire as to its status.

• Like 1

It is largely complete, but not released. Since the entire content of the Appendix is duplicated in the marginal notes, it has always been low priority to include it. But, we did have it OCR'd and formatted, just some finishing touches to get it released. 

Thank you for the nudge to follow through.  :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the updates! I realize the data has been available elsewhere but the format of the appendix has always been really useful to me in print. Looking forward to its release.

I agree- Very valuable as I am working through Revelation with a friend

I agree- Very valuable as I am working through Revelation with a friend

All the info is there in the Nestle-Aland28 Cross Refs module. I can confirm its identical to the printed version. 

All the info is there in the Nestle-Aland28 Cross Refs module. I can confirm its identical to the printed version.

Are not the Cross Refs in the Notes now?

Greetings

Fabian

Are not the Cross Refs in the Notes now?

Greetings

Fabian

This is what I've got. It matches the text of my print NA28. I'm still not quite sure exactly what the GNT notes corresponds to. It doesn't match any printed text I've got (NA27 or UBS GNT4). I really wish that instead of a generic 'GNT' accordance would name the actual text (UBS or NA). I've got UBS5 and it's cross refs are their own module (UBS5 Cross References, which is perfectly transparent). GNT, I think is supposed to correspond to USB/NA somehow, but I'm not quite sure. It's like the plethora of Hebrew texts. I've got three texts in my library all called Hebrew Bible BHS and one called Biblia Hebraica Stutgartensia. Oh well. 

post-29320-0-22745500-1550161147_thumb.png

NA28 Apparatus does indeed include the content that was previously included in the NA28 Crossrefs modules.

UBS5 Crossrefs should also be merged into UBS5 Apparatus. I will make a note to do so. We have gotten smarter at how we process files and it makes more sense to reduce the number of modules (especially with the limitations of mobile and parallel content).

GNT Notes is entirely separate. Rex Koivisto compiled this, and it is not associated at all with the official UBS or NA editions. It's safe to delete or stop using this.

I hope this helps to clarify.

(and I'm working on finishing the update with Appendix III as I type)

• Like 2

NA28 Apparatus does indeed include the content that was previously included in the NA28 Crossrefs modules.

UBS5 Crossrefs should also be merged into UBS5 Apparatus. I will make a note to do so. We have gotten smarter at how we process files and it makes more sense to reduce the number of modules (especially with the limitations of mobile and parallel content).

GNT Notes is entirely separate. Rex Koivisto compiled this, and it is not associated at all with the official UBS or NA editions. It's safe to delete or stop using this.

I hope this helps to clarify.

(and I'm working on finishing the update with Appendix III as I type)

It does. However, I don't see the cross references in the NA28 appendix module and I'm up-to-date there. Is that what I should see? Cross refs in the apparatus?

It does. However, I don't see the cross references in the NA28 appendix module and I'm up-to-date there. Is that what I should see? Cross refs in the apparatus?

The cross refs are in the Apparatus at the verse level. Appendix III has not been added yet. That's what I'm working on.

• Like 2

The cross refs are in the Apparatus at the verse level. Appendix III has not been added yet. That's what I'm working on.

Got it. Thanks!

Almost done, still some more proofing and tagging to do…

post-5629-0-43510800-1550608798_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Version 3.0 is now available with Appendix III added, and minor corrections based on the 5th corrected edition, 2016 (latest available from GBS / INTF).

Edited by Rick Bennett
  • Like 3

Version 3.0 is now available with Appendix II added, and minor corrections based on the 5th corrected edition, 2016 (latest available from GBS / INTF).

*Rick totally meant to say "Appendix III added".

• Like 2

*Rick totally meant to say "Appendix III added".

Corrected! Thank you as always for catching these important little details!  :)

• Like 2

This is totally great. No more having to book scan the appendix :)