Adding Locations in the Map

TYA

Great day all,

How do I remove the rectangle around a location I added in the map (see attached)?

Also, how do I add locations to the search, so that I can find them in the future via search?

Thanks. 

post-35231-0-67512500-1549761384_thumb.jpg

To answer your first question, to remove the box around a label, select "Byblos" and click the "N" button on the editing palette. 

Screen%20Shot%202019-02-10%20at%206.24.1

• Like 1

Beautiful.  That helps with the first part, Mark.  Thanks.

Also, is this just a problem with Accordance' handling, or why is my site fading into a gray box after I zoom out from it?  I've increased the font size to test this, and it turns out that the bigger the font size I make my inputted site ("Byblos"), the farther I have to zoom out before it disappears.

But in this screenshot (attached), you can see that even at about 12 to 14 font size, my site still disappears when I zoom out beyond a certain point.

post-35231-0-64120500-1549818640_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

I've seen that behavior too. I think what's happening is that when you zoom out to a certain point, the smaller permanent locations simply disappear. But the user-created sites don't disappear, so they end up looking like grey boxes. I guess the answer is to either increase the font size of the labels, or live with the grey boxes.

BTW, I don't believe there's a way to search for user-created sites in the Atlas. What I do is create a lot of User Layers and label them appropriately so that I can find user-created items more easily.

Edited by Mark Allison

But in this screenshot (attached), you can see that even at about 12 to 14 font size, my site still disappears when I zoom out beyond a certain point.

It smells like a bug to me. But to replace the disappear with the grey box indicates there is something.

BTW, I don't believe there's a way to search for user-created sites in the Atlas. What I do is create a lot of User Layers and label them appropriately so that I can find user-created items more easily.

So the search  list should be updated then. Maybe there is also a conflict then with the search in different languages UI.

Greetings

Fabian

BTW, I don't believe there's a way to search for user-created sites in the Atlas.

Thanks for the suggestion on this, but I'd love to have the ability to search for sites I add.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1