Chuck Schneider

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:28 AM

As in the past, it's possible that I'm just going about this the wrong way and there's already a better way to fish out the text or tool that I want in parallel.

In any case, I frequently have trouble finding the tool that I want to use (sometimes even the text) from the Add Parallel drop-down menu. I'm not always sure if it's a commentary or Study Bible or Biblical studies, etc., but I know the name or a part of the name of the tool.

Would it be possible to add the ability to search after clicking on the Add Parallel? For example, instead of scrolling up and down in the third level drop-down menu (see attached image), it would be great if we could click on the Add Parallel button and then type just a few characters of the tool that we're after.

I don't dislike the drop-down menus. They help a lot already. The ability to type in a search right there at the Add Parallel, though, might make the 2nd and 3rd level drop-downs unnecessary.

Attached File  search in add parallel.png   1.12MB   0 downloads

• R. Mansfield, OSchrock, Fabian and 1 other like this
OSX Sierra, Version 10.13.1, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB
iPad Pro 10.5, iOS 12.1.1, 512 GB

iPhone 8, iOS 12.1.3, 64 GB

#2 Donald Cobb

Donald Cobb

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:28 AM

+ 1

• Fabian likes this

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,484 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:16 PM

I find it easiest to search the Library panel, then open and close the desired module, so that it appears in Recent Modules at the top of the Add Parallel menu.

• Unix and Fabian like this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 Douglas Fyfe

Douglas Fyfe

Gold

• Accordance
  • 394 posts
  • Twitter:@realDuck5
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:19 PM

I usually open the library and amplify so it opens in a new zone running in parallel. But I understand how the request would be good too, especially in windows where the scrolling doesn't work in the same way as on mac (you have to go down to the bottom and wait for it to autoscroll (PC) rather than using two finger scroll or the scroll wheel (mac) ).

Edited by Douglas Fyfe, 11 February 2019 - 06:20 PM.

• Fabian likes this

iPhone 6+ :: iOS 10.x || Windows 10 :: Samsung ATIV ultrabook i5 :: 1.80GHz || my wife controls my MacBookPro :: OSX 10.11

Accordance Demonstrator in Australia

#5 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,393 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:51 PM

I find it easiest to search the Library panel, then open and close the desired module, so that it appears in Recent Modules at the top of the Add Parallel menu.

I do the same, but a search feature in Parallel would be much more handy. There are also some other request on the forum for this.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian, 11 February 2019 - 06:52 PM.

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users