HELP--Cannot Update User Tool

DoosanMan

This has been happening to me once in a while on my MacBook.   I have a bunch of sermon notes in a User Tool.   I was working with it this morning and when I try to update it says "the book "Eb" cannot be found" and will not update.   A week ago I lost a hour of notes when this happened.  I hit command W to save and exit and it was some other strange "book" it couldn't find then.

What is going on?

Thanks

My guess would be that it thinks that Eb and the text about it form a verse reference, but it cannot create the link because Eb is an unknown abbreviation. Do you have the full text around the Eb ? It would help the developers to give an accurate comment.

Thx

D

• 2 weeks later...

My guess would be that it thinks that Eb and the text about it form a verse reference, but it cannot create the link because Eb is an unknown abbreviation. Do you have the full text around the Eb ? It would help the developers to give an accurate comment.

Thx

D

This is happening again.   The full text I have linked in the User Tool is Job 33:14-18.   It says "the entry 33 cannot be found"  when I try to update and save.  I   unlink the scripture reference and I can save.

Job 33:14-18 works by me, with Auto-Links and by saving without hassle.

post-32723-0-67127500-1551020872_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

Is the Job 33:14-16 in a Title? Or more specific the beginning of a Title?

Greetings

Fabian

• 2 weeks later...

This happened again and I lost a whole bunch of edits.   I had not changed anything with the scripture references but on Ecc 4:10  It said it could not find cc 4:10.   Why is it doing this?   Right now any change I make it will not save.   Attached is screenshot.   It's hanging up on the Ecc 4:10 reference.

I know I should have tried saving it sooner, but I lost at least 30 minutes of work.   It had saved just fine the other day.

post-35002-0-79619000-1552221683_thumb.png

Edited by DoosanMan

Try to unlink the passage Ecc 4:10 to save your work first. 

Sorry it works by me. I have no clue.

Can you post the screenshot of the error?

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Try to unlink the passage Ecc 4:10 to save your work first. 

Sorry it works by me. I have no clue.

Can you post the screenshot of the error?

Greetings

Fabian

Yes, that is what I had to do is unlink it.    Attached is the error when I have it linked.   

post-35002-0-84614700-1552223923_thumb.png

Edited by DoosanMan

Is "c." all? This is too less. Can you add the "Ec"to "c". So you get Ecc.

Greetings

Fabian

Is "c." all? This is too less. Can you add the "Ec"to "c". So you get Ecc.

Greetings

Fabian

The actual reference is Ecc.   It only sees c for some reason.   See the first screenshot to see the actual reference

Edited by DoosanMan

Do you have typed the verse reference by your own or is it a copy-paste? If latter try to do at your own, maybe there are unseen control informations included, as a non-breaking-space or whatever.

Is the c. doing by the automatic links or by hand? 

Greetings

Fabian

• 2 months later...

Why does this keep doing this?   Right now I have these references in the Use Tool editor and it will not save them as links no matter what I try.   See screenshots.   I keep bumping into this and it gets frustrating.  It says "the book Pet is not found".   I have a reference to Matthew and later on to Zechariah further down and it accepts those, just not the ones out 1 Peter.

post-35002-0-74265100-1559479458_thumb.png

Edited by DoosanMan

The space between is the problem. Remove them or edit the Link and let the space only in the visible part, but not in the link.

post-32723-0-20720800-1559482373_thumb.png

You got the right Error. The book "Pet" is not found. There is no "Pet", only "1Pet" and "2Pet". So no space between the number and the book.

P.S. By me it works with the space, but this is not usual.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

The space between is the problem. Remove them or edit the Link and let the space only in the visible part, but not in the link.

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2019-06-02 um 15.34.57.png

You got the right Error. The book "Pet" is not found. There is no "Pet", only "1Pet" and "2Pet". So no space between the number and the book.

P.S. By me it works with the space, but this is not usual.

Greetings

Fabian

Thank you

• Like 1

Keeps happening.   I have Matt. 11:12 and Rom. 6:23 copied into my User Tool just like that and I get the same error when I try to update.   For the text out of Mattew it is " the book Att can't be found", and for the Romans text it says "the book Om can't be found".   Why do I keep running into this?

The question is: why does the first letter cutoff and the second is going to be uppercase? Like in your first post. 

If you add the cutoff letter it should work. 

Do you copy and paste from the internet or what resource is it? Does this happen only by copying to Accordance? 

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

only copying from Accordance.    The cutoff letter is there.   However I had in italics.   Seems to be working now.

Yes, I saw this years ago. If you have the verse ref in italic. It must be ALL in italic. A mix italic non italic doesn't work.

Sorry I forgot this. Once I struggled with the same issue. Where I had a mixture between italics and non italics. Then the italics aren't recognized from the auto-link, and the link doesn't work.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian