Tell Us Your "Accordance 25" Story!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,285 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:18 PM

[Chuckle] I'm guessing none of us will get the $25, but you can tell many of us have used Accordance for a long time. We work here because we love the software.

• Mark Allison, R. Mansfield and Paul Meiklejohn like this
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#22 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,397 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:40 PM

I just want a copy of that Accordance 1.0 floppy disk :-)

• Timothy Jenney likes this

#23 David Lang

David Lang

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:Accordance development, writing, spending time with my wife and five kids
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:16 PM

If I recall correctly, that program disk would have set you back something like $150. I believe the initial price for Accordance was around $150 for the application, and $200 for the GRAMCORD Greek NT and a couple of English Bibles. Compare that with what you can get today with our $399 Triple Learner Collection.

• Mark Allison, R. Mansfield, dandennison and 1 other like this

Sincerely,
David Lang
Accordance Developer
http://www.accordancebible.com

#24 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,393 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:31 PM

It looks like all the Accordance staff are trying to get their hands on those $25 credits!  :)

Well, Accordance staff has been invited to tell their stories, too, but they don't get the $25 credit! And all stories need to be emailed to [email protected] --as a reminder :-)

• Paul Meiklejohn and MattChristian like this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#25 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,393 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

[Chuckle] I'm guessing none of us will get the $25, but you can tell many of us have used Accordance for a long time. We work here because we love the software.

Agreed. I like to remind everyone that I'm a user first :-)

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#26 John Fidel

John Fidel

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:15 PM

I started using Accordance 5 on a PC using a Mac 0s 7 emulator... Basilik..Accordance ran like a charm, but there were limitations  with the emulator. Fortunately I went Mac shortly there after. I actually powered up the old Dell Inspiron to experience it again. Made me smile. Not a long time user like many, but determined to experience Accordance in spite of not having a Mac. I can post a pic if anyone is interested. Congrats on 25 years.

Edited by John Fidel, 16 February 2019 - 06:45 AM.

• Mark Allison, R. Mansfield and jarcher like this

#27 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:16 AM

I remember being at conferences where almost all the attendees were Windows users. I'd have a stack of Windows laptops at the booth, all waiting to have the emulator installed.

I've always thought that Accordance really must be an amazing application if so many people were willing to use it in an old Macintosh os7 emulated environment.

I'm on a Mac most of the time, but It was a wonderful day for me when Accordance was released for Windows :-).

Edited by Mark Allison, 16 February 2019 - 08:19 AM.

• R. Mansfield and MattChristian like this

#28 Jesse D

Jesse D

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Currently, I am interested in what makes up man according to the bible. I have a fairly robust understanding of man according to personality by way of Typology. I also have a passion for heavy Christian music such as Demon Hunter. God is good.
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:51 PM

My story may be shared, but I've only been using Accordance for under a month I think. I feel really blessed that my story is probably going to be shared after seeing some of these other stories (which I have no idea what they are talking about, honestly). :)

New music I am interested in:

https://youtu.be/Y-ZiJmDOk2c - Matisyahu, Produces Reggae and Pop music as a practicing Jew. His song "One Day" talks about peace between the world at large

https://youtu.be/44S6vBveKZQ - Demon Hunter, Traditional Christian Metal/Rock band who just came out with 2 very successful albums, separately, titled 'War' & 'Peace'

https://youtu.be/R7REkjcwM_8- POD (Payable On Death), Positive Nu-Metal/Rock/Reggae band that gained popularity when they came out with "Alive" and "Youth of the Nation" off the album 'Satellite' which released 9/11/2001

https://youtu.be/Bz-g2tucn24- Project 86, Post-Hardcore Christian band. Andrew Schwab, the front man of the band runs a podcast (which I support through Patreon) dedicated to helping other creatives find their voice.

See my YouTube channel, and it's purpose! I am pretty underground now, but I think I am going to make it!

https://www.youtube....og8xbPfEWXFUiQ?

As I see John 6:29:

Joshua replied to all of them, "In me is the Work of God, in order that you [all] trust that I will send you."

Jesus started His ministry as a commandment of God through His mother, whom he obeyed, to urged Him to begin His ministry. What transpires from that is Him as the greatest light of the world that ever was and ever will be. As a representation of this, he did a miracle and from six pots of water He made into wine that represents humanity at large. He made the wine into the best tasting wine as a representation of what He does for those of us who believe He was God and did the Work of God so that He might send out His Spirit upon the whole world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users