Tagging error in DCH

Donald Cobb

Hi all,

I'm currently working on the levirate law in Dt 25. There seems to be a tagging problem in v. 5: triple clicking on זָר sends me to זֵר, in DCH, which I have set as my default Hebrew lexicon ("border"), with no reference to Dt 25. It should send me to the verb זור. There, the entry gives this as second meaning: "participle (זָר) as adjective,✱ foreign (and hence, sometimes, forbidden), used attributively of אִישׁ man Lv 2212 Nm 175 Dt 255"

I'm assuming this is just an error in the hyperlinking, although I notice that in ID, זָר is analyzed as an adjective, with no mention of it being a participle, which it is in reality.

For info, clicking on HALOT lists this as ": II זור, adj. < pt. (BL 465e)"

Can this be fixed?

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm currently working on the levirate law in Dt 25. There seems to be a tagging problem in v. 5: triple clicking on זָר sends me to זֵר, in DCH, which I have set as my default Hebrew lexicon ("border"), with no reference to Dt 25. It should send me to the verb זור. There, the entry gives this as second meaning: "participle (זָר) as adjective,✱ foreign (and hence, sometimes, forbidden), used attributively of אִישׁ man Lv 2212 Nm 175 Dt 255"

I'm assuming this is just an error in the hyperlinking, although I notice that in ID, זָר is analyzed as an adjective, with no mention of it being a participle, which it is in reality.

For info, clicking on HALOT lists this as ": II זור, adj. < pt. (BL 465e)"

Can this be fixed?

If it is just a tagging error then you can submit through Report a Correction, and we'll eventually get it updated.