A Hebrew word

Jesse Dornfeld

The word in Hebrew has a character that I am trying to get to the bottom of. Looks like it only pops up in the bible once here:

"1Chr. 2:53 And the clans of Kiriath-jearim: the Ithrites, the Puthites, the Shumathites, and the Mishraites; from these came the Kohathites and the Eshtaolites."

All I can say is that it looks a lot like the word "Missionaries" in English; wonder if there is any connection there.

They are part of the tribe of Judah. Just follow the line of Kiriath-jearim because they are descendants of them. It talks about the Mishraites being descendants of Kiriath-jearim.

For context, read Josh. 15 and cross-reference that with 1Chr. 13, 14.

You should be able to find a map of where the Kiriath-jearim's dwelt in Israel.

Oh, sorry.

I was just seeing that the Mishraites probably lived in the same place that the Kiriath-jearim's lived because it looked like they were of the same descendants, namely, of Shobal which is listed in the previous verse that the Mishraites were talked about. It talks about Shobal being the father of Kiriath-jearim which it lists their descendants and then the very next verse is started with an "And" so I thought they were saying that the line was Shobal>Kiriath-jearim>Mishraites. And that you could see where the Kiriath-jearim's were located in Joshua 15 where it gives the borders of Israel. Then it goes on to talk about how David Got the Arc back and became king.

1Chr. 2:52 Shobal the father of Kiriath-jearim had other sons: jHaroeh, half of the Menuhoth.

1Chr. 2:53 And the clans of Kiriath-jearim: the Ithrites, the Puthites, the Shumathites, and the Mishraites; from these came the kZorathites and the Eshtaolites.

The word clan here means family.

Sorry for the mix up.

Oh, I can totally see how that was confusing, lol. I made that first comment for myself mostly. It didn't have anything to do with the rest of the post. The rest of the post had to do with answering another OP's question.