literal translation Hebrew

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Bielikov

Bielikov

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Book of Isaiah, Hebrew Bible, Mediation of deep seated interpersonal conflicts.
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted 04 June 2019 - 03:44 PM

For the moment, Mike, I have been reading directly from Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia but sadly, I ordered the Zondervan. I will see if I can order the BHS Readers Edition and get it on time before I return to Chile on Monday.

Gregorio Billikopf

Isaiah Testifies of Christ (3rd edition)

http://holyscripture...rd-edition.html

Party-Directed Mediation: Facilitating Dialogue Between Individuals (3rd edition) A Christ-centered approach to mediation

https://nature.berke...abor/7conflict/ 

כִּי־יֶלֶד יֻלַּד־לָנוּ בֵּן נִתַּן־לָנוּ וַתְּהִי הַמִּשְׂרָה עַל־שִׁכְמוֹ וַיִּקְרָא שְׁמוֹ פֶּלֶא יוֹעֵץ אֵל גִּבּוֹר אֲבִי עַד שַׂר־שָׁלוֹם׃

#22 Bielikov

Bielikov

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Book of Isaiah, Hebrew Bible, Mediation of deep seated interpersonal conflicts.
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:04 PM

Mike, thanks for the suggestion. I had not paid much attention to the readers edition of the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia as the cover, at first glance, looks like the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, of which I have several copies. Thanks again, for the advice. I will get my copy on time to take back home with me. Thanks. And thanks for your answers as to why interlinears and overly literal translations can be a problem. I could not agree with you more. I like LHI (Lexham), and Young interlinears, but even so, I do not lean on them for exegesis. I love to do comparisons along both Masoretic Text translations and those based on LXX, Aramaic or Syriac, etc. I can get lost for hours looking at these and also seeing how they came up with their translation into English (or Spanish). I really believe in due diligence when it comes to the study of the Word. And keeping my mind open for suggestions. Now, to wait for my new book (I'm going home loaded) and we shall see if I get accepted to the FB page you recommended. Looks that Greek is their strength (?) or are there plenty of people well studied in the Hebrew Bible? From time to time I also get involved in the Greek, either LXX or NT. Thanks again. Many blessings to you.

• miketisdell likes this

Gregorio Billikopf

Isaiah Testifies of Christ (3rd edition)

http://holyscripture...rd-edition.html

Party-Directed Mediation: Facilitating Dialogue Between Individuals (3rd edition) A Christ-centered approach to mediation

https://nature.berke...abor/7conflict/ 

כִּי־יֶלֶד יֻלַּד־לָנוּ בֵּן נִתַּן־לָנוּ וַתְּהִי הַמִּשְׂרָה עַל־שִׁכְמוֹ וַיִּקְרָא שְׁמוֹ פֶּלֶא יוֹעֵץ אֵל גִּבּוֹר אֲבִי עַד שַׂר־שָׁלוֹם׃

#23 miketisdell

miketisdell

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:42 PM

Mike, thanks for the suggestion. I had not paid much attention to the readers edition of the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia as the cover, at first glance, looks like the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, of which I have several copies. Thanks again, for the advice. I will get my copy on time to take back home with me. Thanks. And thanks for your answers as to why interlinears and overly literal translations can be a problem. I could not agree with you more. I like LHI (Lexham), and Young interlinears, but even so, I do not lean on them for exegesis. I love to do comparisons along both Masoretic Text translations and those based on LXX, Aramaic or Syriac, etc. I can get lost for hours looking at these and also seeing how they came up with their translation into English (or Spanish). I really believe in due diligence when it comes to the study of the Word. And keeping my mind open for suggestions. Now, to wait for my new book (I'm going home loaded) and we shall see if I get accepted to the FB page you recommended. Looks that Greek is their strength (?) or are there plenty of people well studied in the Hebrew Bible? From time to time I also get involved in the Greek, either LXX or NT. Thanks again. Many blessings to you.

There are plenty of people with a solid understanding of Hebrew in that group; and a number who also read Aramaic, Syriac, and even a couple who can read Sumerian. There are also plenty who read Greek. You should have no problem getting accepted. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: literal translation, Hebrew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users