Basics of Biblical Greek/Hebrew Update

Sbjernegard

• 3 weeks later...

+1 to make this a priority

The primary audience for introductory Greek and Hebrew grammars are those enrolled in classes where they are required textbooks. Professors are normally obliged to use the latest edition. It would be great to have access to this as soon as possible.

Thanks!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Any plans for an upgrade path for owners of the 3rd edition of Mounce?

• Like 3

Any plans for an upgrade path for owners of the 3rd edition of Mounce?

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is. Those kinds of upgrades usually depend on the publisher letting us make them available.

Clearly it's outside of Accordance hands.  However, the advantage of moving to digital is that upgrades are usually highly discounted.  Mounce' basics has always been on my top shelf that I regularly go I back to as refresher.  Perhaps accordance team could push the publishers for a better upgrade price?  But even with the introductory price of v.4 can I justify having versions 2, 3 & 4 in my accordance library? 

• 2 months later...

Thank you very much for adding Basics of Biblical Hebrew! I'm really happy to see that the workbook will also be offered.

Being a recognized standard text for a given field is a an outcome publisher's dream of. It means a constant stream of revenue after the initial investment, the ability to bump out regular edition updates that will get purchased because they are the standard, and the ability to setup a stream of other cash making products to complement the standard text.

Now I am not saying these resources are not worth it (any Greek/Hebrew geek collects these things like trading cards). I don't think we should anticipate (even in the new digital age) that publishers will release discounted updates to those who already own the products.