Photo

3️⃣ NEW releases from OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,167 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Accordance (of course!); biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology & practice; spending time with my wife, Kathy, and my hound, Lucy Mae; cooking with cast iron and Tabasco; getting lost on country roads in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:05 PM

Announcing 3️⃣ NEW releases from OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS for Accordance Bible Software!

👉🏿 New Oxford Annotated Bible, 5th edition (not in any other Bible software!)
👉🏿 Jewish Study Bible, 2nd edition
👉🏿 Jewish Annotated New Testament, 2nd edition

Introductory & upgrade pricing available!

For more information, please see today’s blog post.

Screenshots:

NOAB (Accordance 12/Windows)--

NOAB%20-%20win.png?dl=1

Jewish Study Bible, 2nd ed. (Accordance Mobile/iOS)--

Jewish%20Study%20Bible%20-%202nd%20ed.%2

JANT, 2nd ed. (Accordance 12/Mac)--

JANT%202%20-%20macOS.png?dl=1

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#2 Brian W. Davidson

Brian W. Davidson

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:12 PM

What?!?! You have got to be kidding. This is amazing and so long awaited.
  • R. Mansfield and Daniel Francis like this

#3 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:15 PM

Hi, im a bit confused ( and have already bought all three!)

There is no apocrypha notes in the noab. When i checked the product page a few hours ago, there was a note that the apocrypha notes are not included but would be available in an update in the future. When i checked the product page again a few minutes ago, the note has been removed. Will we be getting the apocrypha notes in the future?

Really pleased my upgrades for jsb and jant went through with no delay. Many thanks for these.
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#4 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:17 PM

There is no apocrypha notes in the noab. 

Make sure you've updated to version 1.1

#5 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:21 PM

Thanks Mark, its not showing up in updates since i downloaded and was in easy install (i did check before i posted) and cant add screenshot. Im Working on Ios.

Edited by ukfraser, 25 February 2019 - 02:23 PM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#6 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:25 PM

Try deleting and downloading again with Easy Install. It's showing up for me on my iPad as version 1.1.

#7 Brian W. Davidson

Brian W. Davidson

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:25 PM

When I deleted it on my iPad and downloaded it, the Apocrypha is there. Y’all rock.

Edited by Brian W. Davidson, 25 February 2019 - 02:27 PM.

• Mark Allison and R. Mansfield like this

#8 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:29 PM

Try deleting and downloading again with Easy Install. It's showing up for me on my iPad as version 1.1.

Brill, many thanks
Success

;o)
  • Mark Allison, R. Mansfield and Solly like this
Fraser Sims

#9 Gordon

Gordon

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:38 PM

Excellent additions to the Accordance Library!

‏ כִּ֤י לֶ֣קַח ט֭וֹב נָתַ֣תִּי לָכֶ֑ם תּֽ֝וֹרָתִ֗י אַֽל־תַּעֲזֹֽבוּ׃

#10 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:22 PM

Rick, thanks for updating all the threads making sure we all know about them. Sterling work!

I still cant get over how you managed to give us jant and jsb at upgrade prices, we certainly wouldnt get that if we were buying them as hard copies!

Everyone else, please now buy these resources so that oup can see just what an excellent reseller the accordance team are so they can bring us more oup publications!

Edited by ukfraser, 25 February 2019 - 04:26 PM.

• Mark Allison, Daniel Francis and Solly like this
Fraser Sims

#11 OSchrock

OSchrock

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:24 PM

Please excuse my ignorance, but how much overlap in material is there between the JSB and the JANT?

#12 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

JSB is going to deal with OT, and JANT with NT.

• ukfraser likes this

#13 TYA

TYA

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Panasonic Toughbook CF-31
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel I5 CPU (2.4GHz)
    8GB Ram
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:40 PM

Exactly, so essentially zero overlap, OShrock.  I have them both, and really appreciate them.

Edited by TYA, 25 February 2019 - 05:41 PM.

• Mark Allison likes this

#14 OSchrock

OSchrock

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:58 PM

So are the notes and information styles generally consistent between the two? Obviously the JSB is Study-Bible format (usually short notes on almost every verse), is the JANT the same, or is it more full-article commentary style?

#15 Jesse D

Jesse D

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Currently, I am interested in what makes up man according to the bible. I have a fairly robust understanding of man according to personality by way of Typology. I also have a passion for heavy Christian music such as Demon Hunter. God is good.
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:10 PM

Very interesting to see what the JSB had to say about meditation in Joshua. Still leaves me wondering about Isaac's meditation, but stuff like this is good to know. Perhaps I will be purchasing one of these in the future...

New music I am interested in:

https://youtu.be/Y-ZiJmDOk2c - Matisyahu, Produces Reggae and Pop music as a practicing Jew. His song "One Day" talks about peace between the world at large

https://youtu.be/44S6vBveKZQ - Demon Hunter, Traditional Christian Metal/Rock band who just came out with 2 very successful albums, separately, titled 'War' & 'Peace'

https://youtu.be/R7REkjcwM_8- POD (Payable On Death), Positive Nu-Metal/Rock/Reggae band that gained popularity when they came out with "Alive" and "Youth of the Nation" off the album 'Satellite' which released 9/11/2001

https://youtu.be/Bz-g2tucn24- Project 86, Post-Hardcore Christian band. Andrew Schwab, the front man of the band runs a podcast (which I support through Patreon) dedicated to helping other creatives find their voice.

See my YouTube channel, and it's purpose! I am pretty underground now, but I think I am going to make it!

https://www.youtube....og8xbPfEWXFUiQ?

As I see John 6:29:

Joshua replied to all of them, "In me is the Work of God, in order that you [all] trust that I will send you."

Jesus started His ministry as a commandment of God through His mother, whom he obeyed, to urged Him to begin His ministry. What transpires from that is Him as the greatest light of the world that ever was and ever will be. As a representation of this, he did a miracle and from six pots of water He made into wine that represents humanity at large. He made the wine into the best tasting wine as a representation of what He does for those of us who believe He was God and did the Work of God so that He might send out His Spirit upon the whole world.

#16 kpang808

kpang808

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Twitter:kpang808
  • Interests:Jesus, my wife, my dog, ministry, making music

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:11 PM

Hey guys, what denominational background are these works written from? Are the Jewish Study Bible and the New Testament notes from a Messianic Perspective or they are still a branch of Judaism? Thanks in advance.

Edited by kpang808, 25 February 2019 - 07:11 PM.

• Jesse D likes this

Shalom! In Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808 

#17 kpang808

kpang808

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Twitter:kpang808
  • Interests:Jesus, my wife, my dog, ministry, making music

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:14 PM

Also wondering for the Oxford annotated bible

Shalom! In Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808 

#18 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:46 AM

Hey guys, what denominational background are these works written from? Are the Jewish Study Bible and the New Testament notes from a Messianic Perspective or they are still a branch of Judaism? Thanks in advance.

Branch of judaism, ( not messianic, ) which is why i find them so useful. If you search the web (its also on one of the threads on this forum) there is an excellent interview with ami-jill levine, who is one of the editors, after the publication of the first version of jant. (She has also written a very entertaining book on the parables of jesus from a jewish perspective.) Marc brettler is also involved in the jewish study bible so editor of both.

Edited by ukfraser, 26 February 2019 - 03:40 AM.

Fraser Sims

#19 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:05 AM

Very interesting to see what the JSB had to say about meditation in Joshua. Still leaves me wondering about Isaac's meditation, but stuff like this is good to know. Perhaps I will be purchasing one of these in the future...

There are just so many good resources in accordance that my library has grown much more than i initially thought (with some little gems i wouldnt want to be without now but didnt know existed without this forum) and you are at the start of your journey.

Personally i would add both to your wish list and probably get the jps first, but sooner rather than later, funds permitting!

;o)

Edited by ukfraser, 26 February 2019 - 03:42 AM.

Fraser Sims

#20 markusvonkaenel

markusvonkaenel

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:30 AM

I own both in paper. both are a good reading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users