3 replies to this topic

#1 KevinPurcell

KevinPurcell

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Twitter:kapurcell
  • Interests:Check out our new Theotek YouTube Channel with lost of Accordance topics and other Bible software and church/bible tech content.
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:20 PM

How do I update a saved workspace. I opened it up and made changes and then hit CMD+S to save it but that didn't work. I reopened it and it was not change. I twas the old workspace. Then I tried Save as and picked the name of the workspace and tried to overwrite it, but it would not let me. Error when I hit "replace" button says, "The name XXXXX cannot be used, since it is used by an existing file with a different type. Please use a different name or delete the existing file."

Dr. Kevin A. Purcell
@kapurcell on Twitter
www.KevinPurcell.org

View Theotek on YouTube at http://bit.ly/TheoTekYT

#2 jarcher

jarcher

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:39 PM

Hi Kevin, typically you'd just do as you did above (cmd-s). Additionally, you should be able to save over an existing file using 'Save As..."

Is it possible the file is saved in a directory that you don't have permissions to write to? 

#3 KevinPurcell

KevinPurcell

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Twitter:kapurcell
  • Interests:Check out our new Theotek YouTube Channel with lost of Accordance topics and other Bible software and church/bible tech content.

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:52 PM

Hi Kevin, typically you'd just do as you did above (cmd-s). Additionally, you should be able to save over an existing file using 'Save As..."

Is it possible the file is saved in a directory that you don't have permissions to write to?

I'm going check that when I get back to my computer I know its not a folder issue. Could be a file permission issue. I moved my Accordance files folder from OneDrive to iCloud Drive.

Dr. Kevin A. Purcell
@kapurcell on Twitter
www.KevinPurcell.org

View Theotek on YouTube at http://bit.ly/TheoTekYT

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,988 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:14 PM

It could also be that the change you made did not (in technospeak) dirty the workspace, so it did not think it needed to be saved. Try making a more obvious change, adding a tab, say, and then deleting it.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: workspace, update workspace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users