Update a Workspace

KevinPurcell

How do I update a saved workspace. I opened it up and made changes and then hit CMD+S to save it but that didn't work. I reopened it and it was not change. I twas the old workspace. Then I tried Save as and picked the name of the workspace and tried to overwrite it, but it would not let me. Error when I hit "replace" button says, "The name XXXXX cannot be used, since it is used by an existing file with a different type. Please use a different name or delete the existing file."

Hi Kevin, typically you'd just do as you did above (cmd-s). Additionally, you should be able to save over an existing file using 'Save As..."

Is it possible the file is saved in a directory that you don't have permissions to write to? 

Hi Kevin, typically you'd just do as you did above (cmd-s). Additionally, you should be able to save over an existing file using 'Save As..."

Is it possible the file is saved in a directory that you don't have permissions to write to?

I'm going check that when I get back to my computer I know its not a folder issue. Could be a file permission issue. I moved my Accordance files folder from OneDrive to iCloud Drive.

It could also be that the change you made did not (in technospeak) dirty the workspace, so it did not think it needed to be saved. Try making a more obvious change, adding a tab, say, and then deleting it.