Photo

Display Greek and Hebrew in single pane?

Greek Hebrew Display lectionary

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jwylie

jwylie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:58 PM

Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to ask a question I've wondered about for years:

Is there a way to display Greek and Hebrew together in the same window pane. For instance, if I want to read the daily lectionary in the original languages (take today's readings for instance: Ps 37; Deut 7:6-11; Titus 1:1-16; John 1:29-34), is there a way to do this without having to switch between BHS and the Greek NT? Or, say I tell Accordance to show me the four passages from the lectionary in the ESV, is there a way to open a parallel pane that includes all the texts in the original languages at once?

I'm guessing there are ample hurdles that would have to be jumped in order to make such a feature possible, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thank you for reading...and for any answers!

– Jonathon

Edited by jwylie, 07 March 2019 - 01:59 PM.

#2 miketisdell

miketisdell

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:21 PM

At the top right of each version there is a little tool icon (looks like a gear). Click that and select "untie scrolling"

Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to ask a question I've wondered about for years:

Is there a way to display Greek and Hebrew together in the same window pane. For instance, if I want to read the daily lectionary in the original languages (take today's readings for instance: Ps 37; Deut 7:6-11; Titus 1:1-16; John 1:29-34), is there a way to do this without having to switch between BHS and the Greek NT? Or, say I tell Accordance to show me the four passages from the lectionary in the ESV, is there a way to open a parallel pane that includes all the texts in the original languages at once?

I'm guessing there are ample hurdles that would have to be jumped in order to make such a feature possible, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thank you for reading...and for any answers!

– Jonathon

#3 miketisdell

miketisdell

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:23 PM

Also note that when scrolling is disabled, you can select the passage in the lower right corner, if the version that is untied is selected.

At the top right of each version there is a little tool icon (looks like a gear). Click that and select "untie scrolling"

#4 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 5,567 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:52 PM

Jonathon, I believe what you are looking for are Pane 'combined texts'.  This is pretty well documented in the Help:

http://accordancefil...bined_texts.htm(Windows)

http://accordancefil...bined_texts.htm(Mac)

Let me know if you need any more information than what the help provides!

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#5 jwylie

jwylie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:23 PM

Wow! This is fantastic! Thank you! Accordance never ceases to impress me, and things like this make me wonder how much I'm under-utilizing it.

• R. Mansfield likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Greek, Hebrew, Display, lectionary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users