Atlas not opening.

Paul Meiklejohn

I'm using Acc.12.3.2 on a 13" MacBook pro and I've just noticed an odd bug.  Whenever I do a fresh open on Accordance that my toolbar atlas icon doesn't respond and my Atlas folder in Library doesn't have any coloured maps available.  I can go into Apple finder and open the maps from there by double-clicking  and then I can use maps in accordance as normal, until I close it and then I have to open the maps manually again.  

Perhaps uninstalling the atlas will fix things. Startup Accordance while pressing the Option key and select the option to uninstall the Atlas. 

NOTE: This will delete any Atlas user items you've created.

Edited by Mark Allison

Hmmm, Acc. 12.3.2 on a mid 2014 13" MacBook Pro with macOS 10.14.3—both the toolbar atlas icon and the Library Atlas folder are working as expected following a free start of Accordance.

When I encounter glitches of this kind, I will usually do a complete power down of the device, wait a few minutes, and restart. Also, what happens if you start Accordance in safe mode and remove the current startup session? Rebuild 'Tools' settings?

Happy bug hunting,

Joseph

PS: Mark's answer is much easier!

Edited by Solly

Perhaps uninstalling the atlas will fix things. Startup Accordance while pressing the Option key and select the option to uninstall the Atlas. 

NOTE: This will delete any Atlas user items you've created.

Thanks Mark, I had thought about that, but you might have noticed my follow-up post saying that whenever I try to open with Safe Mode Acc. crashes.  Your help and suggestions are always appreciated.

While Tech Support has—I'm sure—a more elegant solution, If safe mode is crashing, I'd remove the Accordance folder from the Application Support folder, located in your library. Accordance will have to reinstall everything, but that might be a good idea anyway. You can also move the modules from the old Accordance folder into the new one that's created when you startup Accordance, in case you don't want to download them all again. 

• Like 1

Yes, I'll try that if tech-support don't get back to me this evening (UK time), I've sent them a crash log.  I think a a full reset might well deal with these two issues in one go.  Thanks again. 

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn