Returning to the Text I just searched

Michel Gilbert

Hi,

After I search a Text and get a bunch of hits, is there a way to return to that Text without closing the hits Pane and manually reopening that same Text again?

Thanks,

Michel

• Like 1

Hi Michel,

Maybe I'm not quite following, are you just trying to clear the highlighted hits ? If so, you can just clear the search box and hit return and it will erase the highlighted search hits.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Thanks Daniel. For a Construct Search, e.g., with [LINK Hebrew Construct] in the Search Box, is there a way to clear it and return to the HB without closing it and manually reopening it? Trying to clear doesn’t work for me, and Acc keeps crashing when I try.

Oh ok - I see now what you are trying to do. I don't know of a way to just clear the search results without running an empty search. It's probably a nice enhancement but here is what I usually do when doing construct query research ...

My more or less standard approach is a two zone (side by side) workspace with the HMT on the left and the construct zone on the right.

In the left hand pane I open multiple tabs for the text. One for the text as I query it, another for selected verse of the construction I'm looking for. I usually call this Ex for Examples, examples of what I'm looking for. It often comes from vs references that users provide on the forums as examples of the construction they want to find. I then have other tabs of the text for cross checking as so on. So in that left hand zone if I need it I would have another tab for just the plain text. Then I would just swap to that for reading and come back to the searching tab for the next search.

I don't know if this would work for you as an approach.

Clearing the [LINK construct] thing should be a matter of double click in the search box which will highlight it and then hit delete, then enter. Honestly though, it's faster to go to another tab. And particularly because you then have to do cmd-L and link it again for the next search. If it crashes when you clear it that's a bug and Oaktree need to look at the crash dump if there is one, or try to repro. it.

Thx

D

• Like 1

You should be able to highlight [Link Hebrew Construct] and delete it. Then press the Enter key. To re-enter the [Link Hebrew Construct] command, just click on the magnifying glass to the left of the search entry box (contains a history of your searches) and click on it.

If doing any of that results in a crash, then there's a problem with your install, and you should contact tech support.

Edited by Mark Allison

What is the path to the crash logs starting from Macintosh HD? Thanks.

When Accordance crashes, a message should pop up with a button that lets you view the crash log.

• Like 1

If you open the Console app from inside the Applications->Utilities folder it will show you a application and time order list of dumps which have occurred. It's this app that pops up when a crash occurs and the dialog box pops up and you click Display crash dump ...

It's searchable too I think.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל
  • Like 1