Request: Changing the “Check for Update” process

David Foster

Hi, 

First of all, thanks for all you guys have done and congrats on 25 years. It’s amazing when I look back and think of the first DVD’s I got… and that wasn’t even 10 years ago! 

Here’ my request: Whenever we click on ‘Check for content updates’ or click on the update icon, the “Check for updates” box comes up. If there’s an update, you click update, it updates it, then you click install. Once it’s installed the update window checks again for an update and you have to wait for that process to finish before you can close that window. 

Here’s where I wish it were different. Currently, once the intsalation is complete the window doesn’t close (like you think it would), but it cycles though again ‘checking for updates’. So, I have to sit there waiting for it to ‘check for updates’ again when I’ve already done that. 

Is there a way to change it so that once the module is intalled the update window simply closes? 

I know it’s a very small ‘issue’ but it’s something I’ve thought about for a long time! 

Thanks again for all you guys do! 

• Like 2