Problem Highlighting

miguel1981

There seems to be problems highlighting sections of my commentaries at times

Can you provide more detail, especially of instances that are repeatable.

When I scroll through text on the left panel and have my commentary on the right panel there are portions of commentary that I would highlight pertaining to a respected verse but when I try to highlight the next commentary on the following verse it doesn’t permit me and I’ve had that problem with muiltiple commentaries and even with general resources.

• 3 weeks later...

I am VERY frustrated with highlighting in iOS since the changes two releases ago.  (about 5 - 6 weeks??)

Before the change... Suppose I had a color highlight "on".   I could still hold (press) on a word and get the handles.   

THAT WAS IMPORTANT  (1) because he would ALSO show the details / Greek definition box    (2) I could use the handles to pull, highlight and delete a previous highlight and start over.

UGH Now, its VERY difficult.  Instead of getting the above... it just highlights.   Its very difficult to get the handles.  Its harder if the text already has been highlighted.  If I want to see the pop up details on a text I previously highlighted I have to try multiple times and when it doesn't work, it rehighlights. If I have a different color "on" then it makes a change when I wasn't trying to do that.

It appears the only solution is to tap the upper left and turn off the highlighting if I want the above features.

WHY did this change?

Edited by Rick Conklin

Rick, the difficulty, when you have 'active highlighting' on, is to distinguish between a tap-drag, and just a tap-hold.  We recently redid much of the logic for active highlighting, and at the time we felt it was important to allow users to 'active highlight' just a single word.  It seems that this threshold is a bit too low, and often a finger simply moving would trigger the active highlight.  We'll try to improve this interaction in the next build.

Agreed.  On my iPhone 7.  I lightly tap.  Nothing. Hold a little longer and that word is highlighted (when highlight is on).  

My solution for now is to make sure the color ring is off (highlighting is off)

Rick

Edited by Rick Conklin