Problem when clicking on references in commentary

kmcdonou

I am not versed on many of the features of Accordance as I have been using it for a rather short while.  I usually have 2-3 tabs open, with each one having a bible chapter open in the left side and the Holman Commentary on the right side.  My issue is when the commentary directs me to another passage in the bible and I click on it, I get the message:

"Cannot add a new pane, since the window is too small, or at least one of the current panes is too small". Upon clicking OK another window opens with two versions of the bible verse--NIV and ESV.  I attached three images that shows what's happening.  

I am supposing if the Malachi reference didn't open two different versions of the bible--NIV and ESV--it would open fine next to my commentary pane.  How can I fix this problem?

post-35350-0-29285700-1552660002_thumb.jpg

post-35350-0-40176700-1552660010_thumb.jpg

post-35350-0-47710700-1552660017_thumb.jpg

I think that it is opening the ESV because that is the text open in your Search tab, and the NIV because the commentary is set to amplify to that text, as well as attempting to reopen the commentary. I suggest deciding on which Bible you want to open from reference tools, and setting that in the Text and Alternate text pop-up menus in Preferences: Tool Display (for all tools). You can also set it as a default separately for each tool in Set Tool Display.

Another option is to open the second tab and arrange it as you like, but leave it open. The next time you click a reference the tab will update for you without that error.