Basic word search in Qur'an module doesn't work

Davki

Hello everybody,

The Qur'an module in Accordance is a recent addition to my Accordance library and I've been meaning to do some basic word search.

However, upon entering an Arabic word in Word search mode, I'm asked to select the lexeme (fine, which I duly do) but hitting search after that only results the same dialogue appearing again and again.

There is no word search. Now, I know that the Qur'an module is still rather rudimentary but is word search supposed to be implemented?

Thank you for any help.

- David

Accordance 12.3.2 on MacOS 10.13.6

Edited by Davki

We are looking to improve the entry of mixed Arabic and English (commands) in the Quran-T. However, entering a lexical form works for me, as does right-click on a word in the text, and search for lexeme. What dialog keeps appearing, Select Lexical Forms?

I guess Helen is using a beta version. 

Here are a related issue.

Greetings

Fabian

Hello Helen,

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, "Select lexical form" keeps re-appearing. I select the form (double-click or select + ok) but no hits are displayed. Upon hitting enter, the "Select lexical form" keeps coming up. No results though.

Right-clicking + search doesn't work either. What does work is selecting a word in the info pane, i.e. the word list; this gets highlighted throughout the text and can be navigated usind the "hit" arrows.

@Fabian. Thanks for the info, good to know.

No, I was using the release version. Have you checked for content update to be sure you have the latest Quran version, 1.4?

I would like to screenshare with you to see if we can identify a setting or issue that is causing the problem.

Ok Helen, that's fine, thank you.

And yes, I've got Quran 1.4.

Edited by Davki