Auto Link Creation

Jezpakani

When using the auto-link function of the user tool the following error is observed:

"The names assigned to the 4 divisions give a general idea of what is in them, but no division is limited  to 1 kind of literature."

becomes

"The names assigned to the 4 divisions give a general idea of what is in them, but no division is limited  to 1 kind of literature."

which obviously should not link to any Bible text.

"To 1" appears to be a valid verse reference in many of our modules:

post-34535-0-95780100-1553099441_thumb.png

Edited by Silas Marrs

Related to this....I'm putting notes in Genesis. When I auto link references to the OT the verses show up in instant details as you'd expect. When I auto link references to the NT they underline as expected but no verses show up in instant details.

New testament links from OT notes are working for me:

post-34535-0-01381100-1553105169_thumb.png

The instant details don't work while you're still in the edit window.  I don't suppose that could be the source of the problem?

Nope not in the edit window. The references show up underlined when I view my notes but don't show up in instant details.

Yes they don’t work in the edit window and new has.

Greetings

Fabian

Ok I realized the problem is that when I change the font color of the references I've auto-linked the verses no longer show up in the instant details. If I recreate the note and leave the default font color the links work fine. I'd like to be able to change font colors to differentiate between OT and NT references. Is this possible to do and still have the links show up in instant details?

I am wondering whether the Notes have not all along identified references by the blue underline style.

Blue underline seems to not only be the default but mandatory style for the references to be recognized in instant details. If there's a workaround to customize the color or if that could be a feature in the future it would be great!

You can customize the color, but you can't set a choice of color to vary from reference to reference.  I recommend you keep the links their default color when editing, but you can tweak the color in Set Notes Display (Cmd-T) -> Customize.