#21 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,695 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, Android

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

Curious the Ex 18:19 case. It's double tagged with H4136 and H0430 in the ESVS. Not sure why. The Hebrew text wouldn't appear to require it.

Thx

D

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua
ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν
lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Syntax Search For Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics : https://github.com/4...WallaceInSyntax

Accordance Crib Sheets: http://47rooks.com/l...ch-crib-sheets/

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac
12GB RAM

Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
Intel Core Duo Intel i7 Kabylake

Android : Samsung Note III 5.0, Samsung Tab S3 7.0 and Lenovo TAB4 8" 7.1

#22 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,285 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 21 March 2019 - 03:58 PM

Hi, Kristen!

Welcome to Accordance! Sorry I am late to this discussion, but I have been preparing another podcast.

The responders on this forum are correct, the concordance doesn't work the way one would assume. Frankly, I don't find myself using it very much. Instead, I use the search results pane as the "concordance" for my searches.

To find anamolous results, which are often buried in the data, I'd recommend either Analysis or the Bar chart. The Pie chart is just too coarse. I'll attach a screenshot.

To find a keyword that has been translated with a specific word, type an "at" sign (@), then a space and the translated word. Here's an example: [KEY H0430]@ goddess

Finally, yes, word tagging is sometimes very frustrating, especially when a single word is translated by a phrase. People only tag a single word in the phrase, lest they corrupt the statistical analysis. Sometimes they chose (what in my opinion is) the wrong word. That's in addition to the instances where a tag is simply incorrect due to human error.

Attached File  Screenshot 2019-03-21 16.39.40.png   365.99KB   0 downloads

Edited by Timothy Jenney, 21 March 2019 - 03:58 PM.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#23 Kristin

Kristin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:34 PM

Hi Timothy, 
Thank you for your examples and explanation. I will try reorganizing my searches the way you suggested. On another note, thank you very much for your podcasts. Since coming to Accordance, I have been loyally watching them in order to understand how to use the software. I have found them not only technically informative, but have also found your theological analysis of the texts to be helpful and interesting as well.

• Timothy Jenney likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hebrew, word study

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users